Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really would like to flush my transmission fluid out just recently bought a 1993 CSE Special Edition and I have no idea what fluid I should use or how much. The vehicle is automatic and if Im not mistaken I think the transmission has a reusable filter???

·
Registered
385 Posts
The 'classic' drain and refill 3! times... is the usual Saab technique, for a full fluid change.
The Filter in the trans is a plastic fine mesh bucket, unless the mesh is damaged/torn there should be No reason to replace it .. ever.
Dextron fluid is what goes in there. Mobile 1 ATF is arguably the 'best of breed' brand ATF. Costs double though... no small item when you will use 3 gallons for a full fluid change.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I really would like to flush my transmission fluid out just recently bought a 1993 CSE Special Edition and I have no idea what fluid I should use or how much. The vehicle is automatic and if Im not mistaken I think the transmission has a reusable filter???
idk if the 93 version is different, but 94-98 do not have a reusable filter. What color is the fluid? if its dark or black, then dont flush it, but instead do a drain and then refill it. drive it for a lil bit and then do it again. and again one more time after the second. so you would have had 3 drain and refills. I wouldnt flush it even if the fluid is not dark, just do drain and fills instead of flushing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts