Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been losing brake fluid the past few weeks but I can't for the life of me find out where it is coming from. There is no visible fluid by the peddles, all the hard brake lines are clean, theres no fluid coming from around the master cylinder/brake booster externally, I checked the calipers and there is nothing seeping from there, the clutch line is only a few months old and it doesn't look like theres anything coming from the slave cylinder, there isn't any fluid piling up on the floors anywhere. Basically there is nowhere in the car that I can see any fluid but it still going somewhere.

The Bentley suggests that it could either be the master cylinder or the brake booster if its losing fluid and there are no visible signs of it. At this point those two are the only things I could believe it to be. Whats weird is that the car has been sitting the past week while I've been borrowing a car and trying to figure out what it could be and its still losing fluid when its just sitting there which made me think it wouldn't be the brake booster since theres no vacuum pulling on it, but I could be off base there. Does this sound like a brake master cylinder? I'm about to just get it towed somewhere to have them fix it but obviously it would be cheaper to fix myself and if it is just the master it probably doesn't need to be done by a shop.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts