Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

Just purchased a new to me 1998 900se Vert. I bought it due to my 08 Mustang GT catching fire. It was unfortunately a total loss and Ford and Progressive are currently arguing as to who is liable for the vehicle. So I found this little gem on craigslist and the rest is history!

I'm actually blown away by the overall condition of the vehicle and how well it is maintained and the build quality. For a 12 year old vehicle, with 145xxx it runs like a champ, and for being a convertible there are no rattles and/or squeaks. I'm also very impressed with the vehicles highway manners. The top was replaced on it recently with new tires and fluids being flushed and changed. There are a few things that need to be done with it and thats why I am here.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Very nice!

Welcome!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've gotta ask... do all of the NG convertibles have what look like" rattle can" black A-pillars?

That and Im dying to know why each subsection in the forum is listed as having thousands of threads but only 2 pages of them are available to be perused?!?!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I've gotta ask... do all of the NG convertibles have what look like" rattle can" black A-pillars?

That and Im dying to know why each subsection in the forum is listed as having thousands of threads but only 2 pages of them are available to be perused?!?!
Yes - it's just trim. Would be neat to see if it could be painted to body color - might look cleaner.

As for the viewing of older threads - if you enter the "User CP" section as you will see it up to your left - click that and then select "EDIT OPTIONS" under the Settings & Options section on the left side tool bar. Once there - scroll down to "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" & "Default Thread Age Cut Off" - these are the settings you may want to tweak with. This is also were all the viewing settings can be found for your personal browsing. If you have any other questions - feel free to ask!

Welcome to Saablink and enjoy your stay! What year is the fox body in the garage? Any pictures of the "late" GT? How did the fire start - at least how you suspect it had? (Unless any details could be incriminating :))

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes - it's just trim. Would be neat to see if it could be painted to body color - might look cleaner.

As for the viewing of older threads - if you enter the "User CP" section as you will see it up to your left - click that and then select "EDIT OPTIONS" under the Settings & Options section on the left side tool bar. Once there - scroll down to "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" & "Default Thread Age Cut Off" - these are the settings you may want to tweak with. This is also were all the viewing settings can be found for your personal browsing. If you have any other questions - feel free to ask!

Welcome to Saablink and enjoy your stay! What year is the fox body in the garage? Any pictures of the "late" GT? How did the fire start - at least how you suspect it had? (Unless any details could be incriminating :))
Thanks for all the info! I was wondering about that with the A-pillars, I'm thinking a nice shiny black will be perfect on them, that and limo tint all around (big fan of the blacked out look). The Foxbody in the garage is an 88 GT with a 351W. Shes a bit of work in progress...in fact im ripping out the gas tank and fuel pump tonight.

Unfortunately I cannot currently divulge any details about the vehicle at the moment, includingg pictures, there's wayyyy too much money involved!

I can't seem to find any answers on the site about what fits for stereos in the dash opening? Crutchfield says nothing fits (nothing I want anyway) but the damn opening looks like a double din. Anyone have any info on this? I found a single din reciever that I love but they say it doesnt fit?!?!?! I cant imagine why it wouldnt.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I can't seem to find any answers on the site about what fits for stereos in the dash opening? Crutchfield says nothing fits (nothing I want anyway) but the damn opening looks like a double din. Anyone have any info on this? I found a single din reciever that I love but they say it doesnt fit?!?!?! I cant imagine why it wouldnt.
yeah... those radio's...

I have one of these new in box never installed I could sell you;
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=56_58&products_id=212

I think I paid about $40 shipped for it - I would take $35 shipped if you are interested. Mine was for my moms old 97' 900SE - never got around to upgrading her radio, just the car (now has a 2002 9-3 SE) let me know!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah... those radio's...

I have one of these new in box never installed I could sell you;
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=56_58&products_id=212

I think I paid about $40 shipped for it - I would take $35 shipped if you are interested. Mine was for my moms old 97' 900SE - never got around to upgrading her radio, just the car (now has a 2002 9-3 SE) let me know!
Yeah I could be. Did a little research. The main problem is the depth of the reciever which is 6.5 in which makes it damn impossible to put in a NAV reciever....

That Blows.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts