Finished doing the driver's side floor, really really glad it's all done. Hopefully I won't have to do this again on any of my other cars. Used the same products I used on the passenger side. I used POR Patch ($26 a tube) to seam up the welds waited a day for curing and then I used POR15 ($65 1 Qrt) rust preventative paint to paint/protect the floor. I later used a rubberized undercoating as a final coat. Shampooed my carpets with a smorgasbord of cleaning products and a high pressure washer and voila, the floor is done. Wishing it'll last another 20 yrs. Good luck to anyone diving into this project, hope you've got patience.
Pics: (If you use Mozilla, just click next to go to the next picture)
Thanks, and again thanks for the tips, one thing I've slowly learned in 39 yrs is "patience" and along with that comes a bit of laziness. I now let the products/machines do the work for me, whereas b4 I'd be in such a rush to finish that it'd take me more time in the long-run and end up ruining the project or having a less desirable ending. Example: letting paint properly dry and ignore if there are any runs, once fully dried it can be sanded down with a fine grid sandpaper and no one would be the wiser.Haha
You should cut a piece of carpet from under the door threashold and patch the hole in the carpet by the clutch. You can get what you need at a carpet installation place. They use a heat-setting fabric at carpet seams when they do large wall-to-wall installs. That should work. Carpet looks too good to let that hole slide. Nice work.
You read my mind, was going to take it from under the seat, but hadn't decided on how to seam them together. Going to contact a carpet installer for what you mentioned. Thanks for the heads up, should make it an easy fix.