Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my dash lights in my 1995 9000 aero like to flicker. If I hit the dash then come back on then go back out. Sometimes when I mess with the rheostat it keeps them on. I am thinking ignition switch or bad rheostat. Any other ideas?

TIA

Drew

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The odometer?

The lights on mine would flicker or go out along with all the needles dropping. Hitting would temporarily work sometimes. I tried to replace some of the electronics in my odometer but couldn't figure it out. I actually just posted a wanted ad for another one.

I'm also interested in any solutions.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I believe that there is a grounding point behind the cluster in the dash, maybe its loose or needs tightening? The other option is that the rheostat is going bad or needs a cleaning?

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
i had the same issue in my ng900 and it was the dimmer switch that needed to be replace

·
Registered
846 Posts
My GM Holden had this issue, its an easy one to check.
Behind the adjusting button for the dash lights there is a very small connector. This is the ground and the adjustor for the dash lights. Very small jewellers screwdriver required.Pop the connection out without stripping the metal clip on the end and firmly replace it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts