Saab Link Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Just a bump, I'm in the middle of this process, what a pain in the ass. I've got all the stuff out of the wheel well, that was quite the oily, rusty, partly por15'd mess( thanks to the previous owner). I bought the auto rust one and it is a nice part, pricey but I got the car for free so, oh well.

I've bolted the replacement part in place and my colleague who is an pro welder is going to come over and finish it off for me. Can't wait to finally drive this thing, it has been sitting in my driveway for 3 months and I've not driven it once!!!

The whole deal is a pain in the ass but if you have the time and want to save the cash it is worth it.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Just a bump, I'm in the middle of this process, what a pain in the ass. I've got all the stuff out of the wheel well, that was quite the oily, rusty, partly por15'd mess( thanks to the previous owner). I bought the auto rust one and it is a nice part, pricey but I got the car for free so, oh well.

I've bolted the replacement part in place and my colleague who is an pro welder is going to come over and finish it off for me. Can't wait to finally drive this thing, it has been sitting in my driveway for 3 months and I've not driven it once!!!

The whole deal is a pain in the ass but if you have the time and want to save the cash it is worth it.
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on an '85 with the same issue. Will likely buy Dave's kit to save myself some time and sliced fingers. How did it end up after you finished the welding? Still going strong?

61 - 65 of 65 Posts