Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got pulled over for the first time on my way home last night, for a blown headlight. The light just blew yesterday before I left, but being 4 degrees it was too cold for me to change it on the spot, plus I have many bulbs at home. I explained that to the officer, and that my dad was a mechanic, he asked me where I was going blah blah, he didn't really care. I thought he was just running my info, but when he came back he gave me a fucking ticket and one of those forms to get it fixed.

So I guess I need to go to my cousin who inspects cars to have him fill out the form and I think get it all dropped. Not really sure how it works, my first time.

So 3 years with my license, and my first time is for a pop-eye headlight. Let's hear about your first times? (being pulled over ya dirty bastards)

·
Registered
75 Posts
got busted in 1964 for riding a mini bike to school..10 miles to school..I told the cop it was just a play bike, but he didn't buy it..I had lights, blinkers and a windshield on it..and the tires were worn a fair bit. I took it to court with about a hundred picts of minibikes riding around neighborhoods..even the cops neighborhood..the judge looked at my minibike pict..and the otherpicts..He dismissed the case If I lisenced my mini..I did that..and rode it to school for two more years.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
first time pulled over was for trespassing (drove up fun road that was still "under construction" but the gate was open)

first ticket was 77 in a 40 in Clear Creek Canyon in Golden, CO; cost me $150 including an Alive at 25 class

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
First time was 5 days after getting my license, speeding through a red light but only gave me a ticket for the speeding....That started my array of tickets over the next 4 years lol

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
First time was for going 69 in a 55...in the middle of a pack of cars. The trooper was a nice guy and ended up giving me a written warning. He said the other cars in front and behind we were both going the same speed, so it would be unfair to single me out since I was simply the only person in the pack of cars who pulled over.

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
Lol, I got pulled over in that car I think. Its been so many times now I can't even remember.

The first ticket I got was from a cop who just happens to be a friend now, 4 years later.

He pulled me over and "usually gives the kids a break" and claimed he pulled me over before. He never did. 45 in a 30 in 6 inches of snow, I didn't buy it. Took pictures of the sharp corner with all the snow, and got it dismissed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
first time pulled over was for trespassing (drove up fun road that was still "under construction" but the gate was open)

first ticket was 77 in a 40 in Clear Creek Canyon in Golden, CO; cost me $150 including an Alive at 25 class
LOL..I know that road..my mates used to run it pretty fast on our racing bikes..kinda like a rolling "tuneup" before MRA race weekend.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
The day I got my license is the day I got my first speeding ticket. Day after that I won my first race, I beat this rich kid by three lengths. I got to admit it felt good.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
About 4 months after I got my license, on my way home from school. Clocked at 70 in a 55 by JJ, the local state trooper. He knew me, my dad, my brother, my friends, you know the whole small community thing.

He asked my why I was going so fast, I told him I didn't have an excuse, it was just a nice day. He said "yeah, I know what you mean. I see you just got your license back in February. I'm going to tell you what I tell all new drivers the first time I pull them over. You get a warning the first time, but the next time I pull you over, you get a ticket."

·
Registered
859 Posts
First ticket was when i got pulled over for having a license plate bulbs burnt out but i didnt have my license on me so i got a ticket for not having my license

·
Registered
709 Posts
First and only time was 2.5 years ago (been driving for almost 7 years before that) in Hollis NH. Cop got me for 30 in a 30, but said that it was a school zone. $84.68. He was very rude and didn't let me talk despite the fact that I had all my info present when he got to the car and was polite whenever he let me get a word in. Granted, it was Friday 9 a.m. after school drop off and the "20 MPH WHEN FLASHING" light was permanently broken (this I later learned). He told me I wasn't paying attention numerous times and asked me why I was taking that road to get to 13S. I politely said I wasn't informed of all the back roads up here, as I am from out of state, and don't drive with a GPS. He basically cut me off with a "Sit tight young man" and went to write me the ticket. LOLpants.

I would have fought it based on the broken sign, or something, but I worked 6 days a week (off day was Sunday) and had a 180 mile round trip commute so I really had no time...

Hopefully everything works out OK with the headlight ticket. One time my friend got pulled over for the same thing and the officer thought it was neat how the SID told which light was out, etc. and just said "Drive safe" and left.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol, I got pulled over in that car I think. Its been so many times now I can't even remember.

The first ticket I got was from a cop who just happens to be a friend now, 4 years later.

He pulled me over and "usually gives the kids a break" and claimed he pulled me over before. He never did. 45 in a 30 in 6 inches of snow, I didn't buy it. Took pictures of the sharp corner with all the snow, and got it dismissed.
Mike, it was in the NA 4 dr, not even the turbo. I am amazed I haven't been pulled over in that yet.

And Tweek I agree, NY is ticket crazy. My cousin is a trooper and knows this trooper too. He even saw my trooper sticker, whatever I just sent out the paperwork with "proof" I got it fixed, should get dismissed.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
first time i was pulled over, i was already pulled over. not kidding either. i was 16, and i was JUST ABOUT TO start sexing up my newly aquired girlfriend, in her dads newly aquired GMC Envoy. cherrys and berries lit up behind us (we were at a private boat launch park with a 10pm closing time, it was like midnightish), scrambling to put my pants back on im trying to make my way back to the drivers seat. My gf was butt ass naked throwing her clothes back on however she could. Cop, with a flashlight, taps the steamed up windows, i roll down the window, "yes officer?"...."park closed at 10pm, any reason your parked out here?" then i went on saying no i just came out here to clear my head (heehee) and relax then he went on to ask me whose vehicle it was and i replied it was my gf's dads. "where is your girlfriend?"......".......umm......shes......ummm.....in the back." "I need you all to step out of the vehicle" So i got out, my gf crawled out the back, with her shirt on backwards and inside out, her thong falling on the ground. Im embarrassed as hell. But then all of a sudden i hear her go, "UNCLE MIKE?" .... "ASHLEY?" The cop was her uncle. I looked like a deer in fucking headlights. As they started bickering, i had panic attack. Her uncle came up to me, asked me what was REALLY going on, he said tell me the truth and maybe ill cut you a deal. I said i was making out with her and it got a little passionate, and i really love her yadda yadda yadda. He replied...."ill let you go, and i wont tell her mom and dad, but if i hear you hurt her or knocked her up anytime soon....ill be looking for you dude." "yes sir!"

story goes on about how we bickered to eachother on the way home, but thats another page long story.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts