Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's some pics of my Saab c900 when school got let out early. The roads were horrible coming home, I drifted a couple around my neighborhood by accident, but it went well, and this car handles the snow like a champ, studded snow tires always help too.

after these pics were taken the storm lasted until about 8pm, and we got about 5 inches in total. The pics were taken with about 3 inched on the ground, but with ice under the snow everywhere.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I love my c900, but hopefully this summer I'll be getting a 2-door turbo, or an SPG. Maybe a 9000 Aero. Depends on what happens with this car. I love it, and I'll hold onto it as a beater. It has some rust and it has almost 268k miles on it. But it's still strong running.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It didn't snow last Jan, Feb, or March? ;)

Love the sedan. Definitely keep that thing for winters until it disintegrates. :D
good point, should I say, the first snow of 2010-2011 winter. Maybe that's better. Ya I do love that car. It has high miles, but it still runs like a top!! And it still has a lot better acceleration and torque than the other cars at my HS, especially after I just did the spark plugs, wires, rotor and dist. cap over Thanksgiving Vacation. I just love c900s!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm excited/scared to see how my c900 does in the snow. I've heard that they are tanks in the snow, so I'm not too concerned plus I just got new all-seasons on it. My og9-3 was a beast in the snow.

·
Registered
709 Posts
That's a nice sedan! Everyone says these cars are a blast in the winter. I want to try out my 'new' c900 in the snow so bad, but I will not! Heck, it's only seen 4 drives in the rain for that matter (yes, I counted). It's a little too clean outside and underneath to be driven around in the salt. Winter beater duty has once again been assigned to my trusty and solid NG900 which has taken on past responsibilities such as my summer cruiser, daily driver, weekend hauler, show car, race car, parts car, etc. I've had many 3 hour commutes through snow and ice in that thing so I trust and know it's limits very well in the white stuff.

Still waiting rather reluctantly for the first flakes to stick here in north central CT.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
huh, Maine's getting snow pretty early I guess compared to Vermony, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania seems like. Thanks thanks for the compliment on my c900 sedan CycM17. :-D

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
thanks, I love my c900, but hopefully this summer I'll be getting a 2-door turbo, or an SPG. Maybe a 9000 Aero. Depends on what happens with this car. I love it, and I'll hold onto it as a beater. It has some rust and it has almost 268k miles on it. But it's still strong running.
I'm doing the same thing! I want a 2-door turbo bad! But there is a blue early sedan (looks to be an 84/85) sitting on this farm not too far from my house that I might see about convincing the owner to sell...I finally convinced my parents to let me get a third car. :D

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
very cool bro. cant wait for the fuzz to fly here! it has a few times but never amounted to anything recordable.... be careful playing in the snow with that thing, you smack it up its done for. but deffinatly have fun. our swedish babes loves snooooow.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love it. It handles so well in the snow, I did drift around a corner onto my street on Monday when we got the snow, it was down hill, I put it 2nd then 1st (it's an automatic) to use engine braking and took the corner at about 10-15 MPH, instead of about 5 which is what I should have taken it at, I steered with one hand and flung it into drive and powered out, and it straightened right out. Love that car, it was scary (my first time driving in snow) but after I did that, I patted my self on the back. It was scary, but exciting and fun. haha

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
looks like my wish has been granted!

as of 15 min ago:
nice man!! looks like it's a good bit, about 5-7 inches? have driving in that!! Ours has not completely gone away, but we don't have as much as we did. More in the forecast for Maine this weekend and in the next few weeks

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
We got hit with snow over here this week too, not quite as much. Unfortunately, my car's parked in a lot, so I'm kind of afraid of when the time comes to go dig it out. Glad you're having fun with it!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Sadly the Central/Western Mass forecast is little to no accumulation.

It will come.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts