Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... I dont have it yet, but I was just wondering.....

I just bought the Alpine CDA-9813 receiver for my c900T, and was wondering what else I will need for the install. It has a very strong amp in it.... 60x4 lol.. it is quite powerful :D I was reading the online manual and it says something about a ground.. where do i put the ground wire.... keep in mind i dont have the receiver yet... still waiting for it to be shipped.... thanks for any help you guys may bring me! :D

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Hey... Im unsure what the wires are for the wiring harness in the 9000, but you may want to search around for a diagram on the schematic that tells what each wire is for that is connected to the Saab radio.

After that, just tap the wires you need, or simply buy a wiring harness that hooks up to your old Saab harness for direct plug and play.

Its pretty easy, but if you need any help just let me know. ;) Good luck.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am fine installing that stuff, but it says it needs to be directly wired to the positive terminal of the battery because the head unit has such a powerful amp. :shock: :cry: :?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Oh wow!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Never heard that before.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Trust me... the unit comes with all you need to do this. "Plug and Play" Should take about 15 minutes to wire up. And yes, you will need to run a (8 gauge i think) cable from the positive terminal on the battery to the rear of the head unit. Similar to wiring power for an AMP for subs.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I just ordered a 10 Gauge Rockford Fosgate wiring kit... It should do the purpose... Crutchfield's website had it listed for the recommendations or something like that... So, 25 bucks later, i hope that will work fine :D :lol:

Here is a picture and details of the wiring kit.

Rockford Fosgate's Connecting Punch CP10PO 10-gauge amplifier wiring kit supplies everything you'll need to send power to your amplifier. It's designed for an amplifier with a fuse rating of up to 25 amperes (amps).

The CP10PO kit includes:

17 feet of 10-gauge translucent red power cable with attached ring terminal
3 feet of 10-gauge translucent brown ground cable with attached ring terminal
ATC fuse holder and 25-amp fuse
17 feet of 18-gauge blue turn-on lead
assorted connectors
wire ties
1 female quick-slide
warranty: 30 days

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
if you are gunna power it straight form the battery then you should make a better ground connection....

i was too told to use connection straight from the terminal but you would be fine doing it trough stock 12v wire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts