Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Just wanted to say “hi” and introduce myself as a new member and first time Saab owner. Well, I’m thrilled to say that I am the new owner of a silver 2000 Viggen 5 door (hey, I hear that chorus of “boos”) with only 30k on the clock! Though I lusted after the Viggen at its inception, it had somehow faded into obscurity within my mind until stumbling across the beautiful example that’s currently resting in my garage.

While considering a plethora of “new to me” used vehicles (IS300, TL Type-S, Passat, 328i, E36 M3 4Dr, Focus SVT 5Dr, etc), I stumbled across an ad in Auto Trader for a flawless Viggen in my area. Upon seeing the ad, that loving feeling came back all over again. While taking it for a spin, that feeling quickly became LUST! Finally, after a w.o.t. acceleration run down an onramp and onto the highway (during which my wife literally screamed and then exclaimed “Oh my gossshhhh, I felt like we were taking off in a jet”), I knew I had found the right car for me...I mean us Throw in great utility, AMAZING seats, classic looks, exclusivity, quirkiness, safety, reliability (hoping this holds true for me), sufficient luxury, and no other vehicle I was considering had a chance.

Thanks to you guys for your help in making the best vehicle decision I’ve ever made! Though I have never posted until now, I did a wealth of lurking and searching within this forum (and others), and was subsequently enabled to “go Vig” (ok…that was THE WORST pun ever. I apologize) without looking back. Although she’s bone stock right now, I’ll be leaning on your advice as try to improve her. In fact…I think I’m going to post some modification questions in another thread right now I leave you with some terrible pics, taken from a weak camera, at dusk, in my work parking lot, with my dirty Viggen. I promise to post some “real” pics soon. However, I knew I couldn’t get out of here alive without a picture sacrifice to the forum gods.

·
Registered
392 Posts
that is one amazing looking car...great find

i was really laughing thinkin about your wife screaming when u accelerated HAHAHA - quick question, are those painted viggen rims or what?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks citron. i was very fortunate to find it at a great price and meticulously maintained. i couldn't be happier! to answer your question...yes those are the original Viggen rims -- refinished in dark gunmetal.

PS - Thinking about my wife on the test drive still cracks me up:)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Good choice on the car shugaluv34, i like the rims also, adds a nice touch. Cant wait so see what you paln on doing for mods. Bring on your questions you may have.

Welcome to the site.

Dan

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dan and Steve! I can't wait for the mod process either. Let the covert siphoning from the joint checking acct. begin!!! I'll be sure to bring my questions here. I appreciate it.

-Nate

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Great find Shagaluv glad to hear your wife enjoys the car as much as you do.
Nice rims its not something you see everyday.
You got to bring your wife out to Saabtoberfest she'll really holler then. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[Pay pal accounts make great places ot stash that siphoned cash!! 20 or 30 here and there and up!!! :D[/quote]

If this is the kind of expert advice I can count on here at Saablink, you guys may create a monster...and I'm not talking about the Viggen :twisted:

Thanks Steve! It seems like your speaking from a place of authority on the matter :wink:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
adidas_007 said:
Great find Shagaluv glad to hear your wife enjoys the car as much as you do.
Nice rims its not something you see everyday.
You got to bring your wife out to Saabtoberfest she'll really holler then. :D
Thanks, adidas! Re: my wife...the Viggen and I are the only ones allowed to make her holler. Thusly, I'll have to decline the Saabtoberfest invite :D

Seriously, though...Saabtoberfest? I'd love to get some info.

Nate

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
stevehayes01 said:
Well I may have a little bit of experience with it.....just a few hundred dollars worth here and there! And if you verify your pay pal account you can get a VISA/MC checkcard that can be used every where Visa is accepted!!

Stick with me I gots all kinds of money advice for you!!!! :twisted:
Wow, Steve. Sounds like you've got all the angles! From here on out I will be referring to you as Siphon Filter (like the game). That's MR. Siphon Filter to everyone else. I'm with ya, brother!

Nate

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Nate Check here
www.saabtoberfest.com
Whindy counrty roads in the wilkes barry area at about 70+ MPH :D, funtimes
I belive about 90 other saabs came out from classic sonnets to brand new 9-5's
I went last year for the first time and I'll will defently be there next year, there's alot of twist and turns that will get your get your attention and make you glad you drive a saab

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
adidas ~ thanks for the link and info. sounds like a blast! it would be quite a trek for me, but that could be part of the fun.

steve ~ you said it. word is you want to put together a west coast version of saabtoberfest :idea?

thanks for the welcome turbo. your brakes are nice, too.

·
10,303 Posts
Sorry it took me till the 2nd page to find this, but welcome welcome.

In regards to Saabtoberfest, here are a few pics.

All who answered the call.

·
Registered
314 Posts
and the Saabtoberfest 2k5 will be a blast again!! 2k4 was awesome! Thanks to all that joined us on the exciting trip!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts