Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
JZW tuned 95' 9000 aero fell victim to a dumb ass in a parking lot of a bar while I was at work. The guy from what we can tell was most likely drunk and driving a truck. It was a hit and run with no witnesses of course. I just got home from the body shop where they said she was totaled. Calling the insurance company now and starting the battle. I will be buying her back and putting the motor in my ng and the seats in the airflow. Will probably hang on to the wheels and tires and ecodes. Parting the rest out.

Carnage.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
a red aero is gone. wow. what a fucking asshole. drunk drivers ftl. and you had custom plates. what did the GNT mean?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Check for eyes in the sky. Maybe there were a few cameras around that caught the asshole and you can nail him. Not that it would bring your car back, but retribution is good.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
You would be better off getting it fixed and selling it, then buying a cheap 9000 for an engine

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Just ask Viggenluca to fix the panel. just kidding.

Maybe keep it as beater but not sure if it's worth totaling.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Damn dude, really sorry for the loss, you had a good looking car. On a different note, you sure you want to hold on to the e-codes? I've been looking for a set...

·
Registered
661 Posts
It doesn't look unsafe...find out how much the insurance company would be willing to pay for repairs without writing it off. Then find a competent shop, get them to do as much work as possible for that amount (i.e. see how far that money will go), and negotiate the rest directly with the body shop. Hourly I doubt the shop would charge you as much for the last third of the work as they charged the insurance company for the first 2/3's of the work.

Might be worth a shot.

·
7,595 Posts
dolly & hammer that back into shape, and install a hitch from a blue 9000 CS. It will then look identical to one I just saw in North-East Philly with a classy looking lady driving it.

Anyway, sucks that it happened. I got some fairly similar damage on my 99 9-5 in a parking lot drive-away incident. People can't fucking drive, especially in close quarters. It's especially bad in "certain" areas, cause no one has valid tags, insurance, registration or licenses, nor have they ever taken a drivers test.

·
10,303 Posts
If they are drinking during the day at a bar, they are probably a regular. Scope the place out a bit. Any color scuffs?

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
What is wrong with you? I see nothing that would keep that from going down the road with no issues. Why part it? Take the total check and drive it for 5 more years. You can laugh all the way to the bank.

You should see my 9000 that I drive. We are talking TOTALED!!!!! It got hit and all I'll be damned if I'm going to let that get me down. I've got a lot of sweat into her and you know what... the guys at work make fun of it, but its free, fast and a lot of fun. When its done I'll part her out... In the meantime, 233k and counting.

Sheeeesh...

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hatch won't shut. I like driving a nice car. TCS issues. no speedo right now. Exhaust was ripped off due to another hit and run.

·
Registered
978 Posts
My family has driven cars much more totaled for much longer, but we are probably poorer.
I'd buy it off you if I was closer.

In all seriousness I'd just keep driving it as a beater. you'd probably still be able to get a reasonable amount of money from selling it.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
hatch won't shut. I like driving a nice car. TCS issues. no speedo right now. Exhaust was ripped off due to another hit and run.
Adjust the strike plate. My hatch won't shut unless I lean hard into the right hand lower corner and slam it. Hahaha

The rest, well thats a whole 'nother issues. Sounds like you had written it half off before this.

Sad to see another one go.

Jealous yours was a hit and run. I got rear ended by a ditch that was doing about 55 in a spin. ;)

·
Registered
978 Posts
I am broke right now. Don't know what to do.
In all seriousness see how much you'd get back if you kept the car. Sounds like it is in drivable condition right now so save your money then sell the car for a bit more then you spent getting it back from the issuance company when you are in a better condition financially.

If you are broke right now no use in trying to replace it now, you'll just end up with crap.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts