Saab Link Forums banner

First Car & First Saab

1878 Views 21 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Jet0188
Hey guys.

My name is Tim from Chicago. About a week ago I purchased my first car. 2001 9-5 Aero. Its a 5 speed, and I had no idea how to drive stick before I got the car. So its been pretty fun learning. Also I plan on getting some mods after I get the driving part down.

Pics

See less See more
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Welcome aboard Tim! Car looks great.

I was in a similar situation when I drove home my Saab for the first time as well. The only experience I had driving stick besides a quick tutorial one night from my dad was on an old tractor at my high school job. Fortunately the gearbox on the Saab felt similar and I had no problems driving it home :lol:. (OK so it wasn't that bad...)

Enjoy the site, and your first Saab.
Welcome to the link Tim! Nice looking car, I hope you'll enjoy it :)
9-5 aero as your first car? You must be doing something right. Welcome aboard
welcome aboard, nice car man that is a very nice car.... enjoy it
Welcome to TSL and enjoy the ride. Great first car. Too many years ago, I did the same thing with a Toyota Corolla. Drove it off the lot not knowing how to drive a stick. Should have been a Saab. Great photos :D
welcome to the board Tim!

Enjoy the Saab!
Thanks everyone. I think I'm getting better at shifting.
Welcome to TSL! 9-5 Aero is a great car as long as you take care of it. Treat her well and you'll be set.
Welcome! Nice looking car.
Welcome aboard! How was your Fourth?
welcome, sharp looking car!
Haven't seen many 9-5 Aero's with manual gearboxes. Talk about a nice looking car! I love those things. Consider me jealous of your purchase (and find).

Enjoy that thing!
Welcome! Great find for your first car, I also have a manual '01 9-5 Aero and I love it.
Envy. Take good care of it... so you can sell it to me later on :) jk.
Welcome. Great pics of the ride. I love that color.
Hey congrats for the new car.its a nice looking car.Welcome to the forum and have a nice stay.
Welcome, take care of it and it will return the favor.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.