Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting one for a while, and what with being in school for Graphic design, it's pretty much required anyway. After about 3 months of scouring craigslist and ebay, I found an almost flawless Nikon d70. About 4000 actuations, perfect condition, the guy hadn't used it in like 2 years since he bough a d3. Had it listed for $150 with kit lens (18-55). I call him up, set up a time to meet (he was like 5 mins from my apartment), and when i get there the lens won't attach to the body. I tell him I can't give him more than $100 if I have to get a new lens, he says cool, and I can take the lens anyway. Then when I get home, I do a little research, and find that it's pretty common for the little mounting tabs on the bayonet mount to break off, it's about $15 to get the new part, and maybe 20 minutes of work with a small screwdriver to fix it. Win!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll definitely be shooting with it as soon as I get the lens fixed. I'm thinking about putting the rest of the money I would have spent toward a new lens, either a Nikkor 28-80 or 28-200. I've heard fantastic things, and they can be had pretty cheap.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, in terms of an update, I ran into a couple of snags. Finally got the part, fixed the lens, and borrowed a memory card from a friend. However, apparently one of the contact posts in the card slot was bent and it snapped off when I put the memory card in, giving me a read error. So, I had to order a new card slot. $23 on eBay, so I'm still under budget thankfully. Well, I was. Also decided to pick up the famed (yet crazy cheap) Nikkor 28-80mm AF-G lens. Another eBay find, for about $85. Can't wait to get this all figured out and start shooting!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts