Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well almost, I have the wheels but not the tires. These are pictures of the TSW 17x8 inch wheels that arrived today. I jacked up one side of the Saab and took pictures of the TSW wheels, then Photoshopped them over my old rims and tires. They look really good, especially from the side because of the 1.5" deep dish. Can't wait to get tires for them so I can throw them on.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Eric, are you gonna try to find some Viggen side skirts too or are you gonna leave it like that? Nice rims btw, I wish I could get my 900 up to your par.

Kyle

·
Registered
392 Posts
i have real pics...kumho 205/40-R17s. Id reccomend bigger than 205, maybe 225 even 245. anyways heres some pics.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks real nice. I was going to go with 215/45 or 225/45 tires. I also noticed that you have the gold locking nuts. I got the same thing but the ebay pictures had a silver nut that matched the wheels. I’m going to send back deez-nuts :wink: or just paint them silver. Those locking pins on the end are pretty funky aren’t they?

·
Registered
392 Posts
go with something /40, more low profile it will look better, just my opinion im sure you know a lot more. But just be careful not to go thicker because you dont want to mess up the speedo and stuff.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Damnnn :shock: :shock: !!!

Those rims are sooo nice. I can't wait to get a set 8)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They're on! 215/40/17 tires, they feel great.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Looks really good Eric. 8)

·
Registered
584 Posts
ERP said:
They're on! 215/40/17 tires, they feel great.
Looks good! Watch out for curbs - 215 on an 8" wheel is a strreeettch and I bet it would be easy to give those nice wheels a bad case of curb rash. :( I've got 225 width on 8.5" wheels and the wheel lip sticks way out on those, I bet it's similar on your combination.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I just bought these for my 96 SE turbo. A set like yours being TSW's and 17x8. Now Im not a fan about how your tire is stretched with the 215 wide, so is there a reason why you didnt go for 225? And also is there any noticeable difference for how the spedo will act with a smaller radius tire?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Im considering getting that exact rim in the 18 they sell on their site.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes, and no. I was at the stip last week, but I'll do the write up in a new thread

·
Registered
745 Posts
Eric,

Really looks good man.., wow. I was looking around for a change in wheels from the BBS's I have now.. Only I couldn't find your TSW's in 17x8's....I was wondering if these are actually 17x7.5.

My 17x8's don't seem to fit well on lowered NG's, did you have any problems making them fit or have to go with a different offset?

regards

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My wheels are 17x8.0 TSW AVUS R and they are listed on CheapWheels.com So far I have not had any problems with them fitting, even with my lowering springs. The low tire profile has also helped, they are 215/40/17. I did not need any wheel spacers.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
I have the same thing on my car with the red looking nut. The tires though I got are 215/45zr17 87w's though

1 - 20 of 20 Posts