Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a material called Plumber's Epoxy, that comes in an 8" tube for about $5.

Its very good for pretty much anything where you'd use bondo, fiberglass, or epoxy on a small level. Its easy to use because its similar to play-dough, and mixes by kneading it in your hand. Plus its not sloppy at all.

After its kneaded, it will harden (rock hard) in about 10 minutes and you can sand and paint it an hour. I am currently using it to mold my new grill design, and attach my brows and slightly change the design of them as well.

I'll post pics once I get a camera.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
so, it's like taking two liquids and mixing them in your hands, and they make a silly putty like material, then you put them on what you want, or make custom shapes and such, then wait 10 minutes and it's hard as a rock? sounds crazy! that'd be funny in someone's shoe... put the liquids in there, so they step and mix it, then their foot is stuck to the shoe, haha, awesome

how reliable is it though? can it withstand high wind speeds?

~justin

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Justin, no practical jokes possible with this stuff...

Plumber's Epoxy is actually two solids, a base and a hardener, that you knead for a couple of minutes until they begin to chemically react. They'll start to stink and feel warm as they combine. Wear gloves, or your hands will smell for several hours.

It's great for filling shallow holes, or making repairs in sheet metal. Cedric, you might want to pre-prep the area with acetone and lightly sand with 0000 wool before applying. If the area is clean and there's a bit of rough surface to hold onto, the epoxy will hang on nicely....

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everyone seriously should just go out and buy this to see how it works. Once you see you'll understand. Jesse James uses this suff...its off the chain.

Basically its juuuust like play-dough. EXACTLY like play-dough!!! Basically there's one type of light grey dough that surrounds the other type of dark grey dough(the hardner). Just knead the two together so that it makes a uniform medium grey color, and apply it to anything. In 10 minutes it will get rock hard, and in an hour you can sand and paint.

Since it get so hard, and isn't brittle, of course you can use it at high speeds. Its VERY durable.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mike saunders said:
Justin, no practical jokes possible with this stuff...

Plumber's Epoxy is actually two solids, a base and a hardener, that you knead for a couple of minutes until they begin to chemically react. They'll start to stink and feel warm as they combine. Wear gloves, or your hands will smell for several hours.

It's great for filling shallow holes, or making repairs in sheet metal. Cedric, you might want to pre-prep the area with acetone and lightly sand with 0000 wool before applying. If the area is clean and there's a bit of rough surface to hold onto, the epoxy will hang on nicely....
I see you've worked with it before. I actually use it without using gloves, but of course I wash my hands after I'm finished. Luckily my hands haven't kept the smell. I've used a large amount of it to fill and and mold my grill, I found that it held very well without much prep work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts