Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so im moving on to other things and have been thinking of selling my 9k for a while now...

details
97 9000 CSE auto with 198k on the body
rust free
5 speed conversion
aero side skirts,
aero seats in ok used condition
new front compitition tires
rear tires are ok for a little while longer
new pads, rotors and calipers up front about 25k ago or 2 years ago
aero shocks and struts with 91 9k springs all around

upgrades:
biggest aftermarket intercooler i could fit in there
SAS sway bars front and rear
custom made ajustable strut bars front and rear
JT 3inch dp
custom cat back catless 3inch exhaust
seimens deka 630cc injectors
GS 3 bar MAP sensor
Holset hx35w
98 CSE super aero exposed lug wheels
forge recirc valve
spec stage 3 6 puck clutch
walbro 255

Needs
wheel speed sensor
rear tires at some point but do have 1/3 tread left
a new tune, the only tune i had in this car that did not give me much trouble was JK's dyno run tune... maby he would hook someone up with it again as i have since lost the file and the ecu it was burnt on
i will explain or you can see my thread on the cut out issue i have been having with it

the paint is faded but not peeling, the car does show its milage as far as paint and body dings go

it has been run hard that is what i intended for it, test drives are welcome you can even put it through its paces for all i care, its just sitting in my garage collecting dust as i have lost intrest in it

im not sure what it is worth so i am open to fair and reasonable offers

and please if your not contributing to the sale of my car please dont make negitive comments about it.... this is a modified car with a rather large turbo... i drove it to and from work for 3 months with not really any drivabilty issues for a commute but it does only get like 23mpg

Price is 3200 OBO
call mike at (207) two four zero- two five three five ....for more info

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
How may $$$ers? I have a friend who just moved to CT and I need to visit, this could be a quick ticket back to the left coast.

Best,
Drew

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
ive spent alot of time with this car, and i think the awkward driving issue has something to do with the 3 bar MAP conversion, i have the file that "works" on the car, its to bad to watch it go, Mike poored his life into this thing. and there are ATLEAST 3000$ in parts to anybody who wants it!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
best offer is posted in this thread...not sure about driving from coast to coast.... i would hate to tell you it would make it and then it not, but if it was me i would try it and deal with it as things happened...

forgot to mention, all my 9k parts go with it, and for the right price i will throw in a 97 9k aero same color car that runs and drives.... im not really looking for a lot out of that car, its missing only its interior

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
You will regret this - unless you plan on getting another 9000.... but you will still miss this one. I'd say try and keep it and just add to the fleet. You will never get what it's "worth" by any means - I will die owning my current 9000 - I made the mistake once to "retire" my first one - I regret it and miss it still....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Interesting car for sure. Seems like a good buy, but I think some people might have durability concerns with the bigger turbo on there. To me, "holset" creates the perception of toy rather than DD. Should be fun either way though.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting car for sure. Seems like a good buy, but I think some people might have durability concerns with the bigger turbo on there. To me, "holset" creates the perception of toy rather than DD. Should be fun either way though.
yes it is def more of a toy then a daily driver... i have driven daily but if your one that cant keep your foot out of the go pedal you will break stuff sooner then later

i wouldnt recomend anyone buying this car if they dont have a back up DD

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You will regret this - unless you plan on getting another 9000.... but you will still miss this one. I'd say try and keep it and just add to the fleet. You will never get what it's "worth" by any means - I will die owning my current 9000 - I made the mistake once to "retire" my first one - I regret it and miss it still....
thus why im not putting that much effort into this.... i need to take a break from all this stuff as im looking into buying a house in the near future... money right now means more to me then my car, i bought a 09 ford focus to commute with and its all i need right now...

like i said i dont know what it is worth lol.... i know its worth more to me then i will ever get for it but im accepting that

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Your saab is paid for thus will not go against you buying a house - that 09' if you owe money on it will.... You are better off selling the car with payments to pay it off and keeping the older cars if you want to point dollars around when buying a house. I've never had the unfortunate pleasure of a car payment yet - always bought used cars with cash out right and fixed them up to what they are.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I won't be upset if I keep it that's for sure. It will have to go for the right price. We have other toys sort of speak. And would rather have the money for other things. I love the car but I'm at the point where I feel it could be replaced.

There does seem to be much interstate anyways

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
there is one thing i learned in selling a car lately.

you will get no offers without listing a price.
you see im not trying to get it gone, i dont have to sell it.... its a feeler, i want to feel out what people would pay for it so i know whether or not its worth selling so far the best offer on saablink is what 1800 bucks, i have an offer from some one local to me of 2600...

there is no price becuase i want you guys (saablink) to tell me what i should be asking.... and if one of you offer me a price you want to pay and i want to take then i'll sell it off

there was a time a few months ago where i was saying i would not sell it for less then 5k

im not looking to get 5k out of it now...

thanks saabkid for the advise but if it dont sell im not going to blame anyone becuase i did not put a price

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i couldnt ask 4k for it it does need some stuff... i would sell it right now for 2900 there is a price i could live with

1 - 20 of 27 Posts