Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1996 Saab 900SE Turbo Convertible
153K Miles

Interior is in Very Good Condition, replaced front seats with very good condition seats I purchased this past summer. Body has some dings and dents and rock chips all around, rear passenger quarter panel I repainted a few years back- it is not as shiny as the rest of the car and has some blemishes. Car looks great from a few feet away, but definitely has a bunch of little flaws up close. The convertible top functions, the button does need to be "rocked" sometimes to get the top to go through the complete up-down, down-up cycle. Top does work nicely though, I replaced 2 of the bow motors within the last 3 years and the tonneau motor has the reinforcement kit installed.

Motor runs good and transmission shifts very smoothly. The bad however, the turbo will need replacing. I have replaced it twice recently and both times it developed excessive shaft play within 1K Miles and a good amount of smoke, guess I've just been having bad luck with turbos? (1 was used and 1 was rebuilt) I did clean out the oil feed line both times when replacing the turbo, but the next buyer should probably just replace the line with the turbo to be sure that's not the culprit! Car is drivable, it just smokes sometimes. Cruise Control has never worked (These are cheap on ebay, I've just never needed it) I've driven this for 5 years and everything else works. Heat works great, and AC was cold this past summer when I used it. I've tried to take very good care of this car, oil has always been changed every 3k miles.

The 17" Wheels pictured are in very good condition, there is some light curb rash. I had 2 of them fixed this past summer because they had slight bends in them. Tires were replaced with General High Performance Tires 3K Miles ago. Also have (4) Ronal 15" Wheels, these are in fair condition, all with some curb rash, some may be slightly bent. These include Michelin Tires with approximately 40% tread left.

OG9-3 Grille w/ Mesh
Fully Working SID (All Pixels Work!)
95' 900 Older Style Rear Décor Panel (Can include the original one as well)
DIY Clear Corners
Genuine Saab OEM Tow Hitch and Receiver w/ hookup for trailer lights in trunk
Smoked Side Markers
HID (Bright White) Fog Lights
Clarion Headunit w/ Infinity 3.5" Dash Speakers and 6.5" Clarion Door Woofers, stock rear speakers
Boost Gauge
10" Kicker Sub in a custom enclosure that fits In the trunk with the top up or down w/ 400W RMS Profile Amp
GS 22mm Rear Sway Bar

Recent Work:
New Radiator (1 Month Ago)
Type-RS BOV Valve - Knockoff (1 Month Ago)
Pulled Oil Pan & Cleaned Pickup Screen - new O-Rings and pan gasket (Very little blockage found) - (1 Month Ago)
Water Pump (6 Months Ago)
New Goodyear Accessory Belt (6 Months Ago)
Rebuilt CV-Axles (1 Year Ago)
Front/Rear Bosch O2 Sensors - (1 Year Ago)
New Gabriel Shocks/ Struts Front/Rear (1 Year Ago)
Transmission Mount (1 Year Ago)

Parts replaced within the last 5yrs of ownership:
GenuineSaab 3" Downpipe (Cat has been hollowed out)
GS 2.5" Saabsport Exhaust System
JZW Stage 3 ECU
Cone Air Filter w/ 3" Piping
Upper Radiator Hose
Heater Core Hoses
Battery - 3yrs ago
New Clutch 35K Miles Ago - Transmission Fluid Changed
New Head Gasket, Thermostat 35K Miles Ago
Valve Cover/Exhaust Gaskets
Manual Adjusting Clutch Cable
New Brake Rotors/Pads - Approx 30K Ago
New Idler Pulley - 25K Ago
Replaced Starter w/ Newer Used unit 4yrs ago
Windshield 3yrs ago

Would like to get $2600 with everything, willing to let it to go for $1700 with the 15" wheels and stock DP/ECU, and stock headunit and no subwoofer/amp. I still have the stock headunit which can easily be swapped in as I made a custom harness for the clarion headunit, all original connectors are still intact. Also has the original working Clarion 5 CD Changer in the trunk.

Looking to move on from this one to a 9-5 Wagon that has a little more room. Car is located in Narragansett RI for the next few days, I will probably be driving it back to Long Island within 2 weeks where it will stay (West Islip) Clear Title.

Post here or send me a PM if you are interested. :D

Here's an old pic with the Ronal wheels:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car is now in West Islip, NY for anyone that wants to take a look at it... Prices are negotiable. Also has Sirius Satellite Radio installed as shown in one of the pictures.

Did drive it from RI to NY last weekend and it drove fine with the exception of a lot of smoke from the turbo on deceleration!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Type RS valve sounds good, doesn't seem as loud as the Forge knockoff I had on there previously, but louder than stock setup...

I also have a bunch of spare parts for this car that could possibly go with it, extra seats/interior parts, extra black hood, exhaust parts, extra turbos good for rebuild, etc...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts