Saab Link Forums banner

Feeler: FS 1994 Commemorative Edition Convertible 42K miles

222 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  seriks1 
#1 ·
Greetings...

My name is Arte and I am addicted to Saabs. I know it's a problem to some (my wife) ... but the fact is I have 12 Saab 900s.

I really enjoy owning them all and each is special in its own right...however I simply do not have the time to really spend the time I want on each car ... and the time I do have is spent on routine maintenance. Royal Purple + Redline MTL in all my cars...BTW engine oil changed every year even if it only had a few miles added to the odometer in that time. Biannual Petosin brake fluid changes, coolant changes, etc. ...

Which brings us to the point of this posting. I am toying with the idea of parting with my 1994 Commemorative Edition convertible. It's got about 42k miles on the odo and is impeccably clean. It's actually about as pristine as they come. This car is not driven much - but it is exercised regularly.

There is one teeny mark on one rim, a small freckle-sized ding in the trunk lid that I need to search for to point out, hard to see fade on the top of the rear interior panels and minor, but normal wear, on the original top. That's it. (I have replacement panels for the rear interior but never got around to installing them...and didn't really want to in order to keep the car original.

It's 100% complete and in "stock-condition" with the exception of a meshed grille and intake. I installed NOS high-performance SAAB accessory front speakers, a NOS RARE decor panel between the taillights and a NOS walnut ashtray among some other NOS parts that I can't think of right now. It placed well in the 2006 SOC Concours in Lake George too. Everything works.

Those that know me are aware that I do not like to mess with my cars and treat them really well... so no engine mods whatsoever.

Car originally from Arizona before it came here to Upstate NY. The car has never ever even been driven in the rain! EVER... isn't that wild??!! ... and it has been garaged nearly 100% of the time. The dash is perfect.

So.. my question is this.... what do you think the interest would be over the Winter vs. waiting to Spring to sell the car? .. not that "I" want to sell it.. but I am doing due diligence in feeling out interest to ... umm ... remain living inside the house versus in the cozy confines of an idling c900 SPG on a cold winter night.

Thanks!

LifetimeofSaabs
Arte Levy

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome aboard! I've heard tell of your herd of amazing Saabs. I've got 1994 ComEd 148 in my stable.

I would wait until spring if I were you. Post it now and it doesn't sell? Someone is going to think you're more movable on your price come spring since the car has been up for so long.

Whatcha thinking cash-wise?

#3 ·
I'd have to agree with Erica, plus if someone buys it now, it will probably get driven home on salt infested roads and you don't want that now do you. Best place to try and sell it would be saabnet, most of us on here are either to cheap or too poor to afford something as nice as your ComEd. I bet if you wait around till soc this year you might have a good chance selling there. Post some pictures of your cars

#5 ·
Welcome aboard Arte.

Just to throw a price out there for discussion-sake, I wouldn't part with the car for a dime less than $15,000.

As anyone knows who is reading this, you just absolutely cannot find a collectible C900 anywhere with mileage this low, that has been cared for in this manner. As Arte pointed out, this isn't a barn find that's been sitting unattended for 10 years. He changes oil and fluids religiously, even if the car hasn't been driven, just because that's what you're supposed to do.

The car was $40k new, and represents the absolute cream of the C900 crop. I've got to think that $15k would be a deal for someone wanting this car.

Saabnet, and showing / advertising it at places like Swedish Car Day, Springtime In Sweden, etc would be your best bet though. That will be your best concentration of real enthusiasts with money to spend. Being on this board for 3-4 years now, I think the most I have seen someone spend on a Saab that wasn't a 9-3 or 9-5 was probably $5k.

Over here, we're either broke, cheap, or some combination of the above (myself included!).

Again...welcome Arte. Glad to have you here.

#7 ·
I wouldn't hesitate to put a 15k+ price tag on that car. Whomever ends up owning this car will surely be an enthusiast that understands what they're buying, and will surely have a garage to park it in. I don't think you'll lose any value selling it in winter months, somebody is out there scouring the internet for a car like this right now, and springtime will probably just inspire more tire kickers. Definitely put it up on saabnet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.