Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
***SOLD***
Hello Forum,
I am debating putting up my 2000 MCY Viggen 3-Dr for sale. It is rare, exclusive, almost one of a kind and I am starting to get the itch for the next vehicle. I will list some details below and the car is pretty mint for being 10 years old. I have addressed all problem areas and many parts are new, improved or higher performance. This car virtually needs nothing, except maybe a new home.

-101k miles
-Originally Colorado car, zero rust, super clean underside, wheels wells, door jams, etc (I am very particular).
-3 month old Koni Sport suspension kit
-Genuine Saab 22mm ARB, Steering Rack Clamp, 6pt Brace
-Full JT 3" Exhaust, single muffler and Magnaflow glass pack (still have stock)
-ETS Intercooler
-JZW Stage 4 Tune
-T5 Cams (have stock also)
-Genuine Saab Intake (have stock airbox)
-3.5 FPR
-4 month old Spec Clutch, the good one, not problematic the 6-puck
- Gen Saab Front & Rear Engine Mounts
-Gen Saab Trans Mount (Shifts excellent with all mounts)
-All Silicone Vacuum lines
-New Brakes as of May
-New MAF & DIC before all Mods
-Latest PCV Crankcase Update
-NGK recommended Plugs
-I have only used Amsoil 5w-40 European Blend
-BBS RKI 18x7.5 Wheels (Super Rare)
-New Hankook Ventus V12 225/40/18 (Very smooth, sticky and quiet)

I am probably forgetting a few things and some maintenance items, but this has been no expense has been spared. I like cars that drive perfectly and get work done at a reasonable price due to the fact I am in the car business. This Viggen looks much better than pretty much all I have seen and I am sure would pass any PPI with flying colors. Everything works, no malfunctions.

As I mentioned above, this is a feeler to see how much interest is out there. I probably going to turn a lot of people off, but I am probably going to want something like $12k. Please PM if you are interested and I can send my number or email to discuss. Thanks, Frank

Attachments

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Awesome car that is EXTREMELY rare. I think it would be worth every penny of your asking price if you can get in touch with the right buyers/collectors. The car, the mileage, the mod list, and the color are all perfect. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Love the car good luck with the sale. Try saabnet.com people pay a premium there. People here are cheap.
Seconded, putting my 36,000 mile NG900 on Saabnet was the best thing I ever did and sold it in less than a month at the price I wanted.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the kinds words. I submitted an ad to Saabnet, so we"ll see what happens. It's an awesome car and whoever gets it will be really happy with how impressive of a car it is.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Uh oh.

That's about the only car/color/model that could get me back into a 9-3. Now, on the other hand, I would not pay $12k for it.

Good luck though, it's a sweet ride.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
This to me is approaching the perfect Viggen, an LSD, T5 cams and a turbo upgrade would be IT.

As the rare person who got $12.5k one year ago for a Viggen, the miles are the only thing making me think $12k might be a bit of a stretch(60k and $12k would be an easy sell). BUT, on Saabnet and with TIME to wait it out, you might just get it.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Awesome car that is EXTREMELY rare. I think it would be worth every penny of your asking price if you can get in touch with the right buyers/collectors. The car, the mileage, the mod list, and the color are all perfect. Good luck!
Agree. Worth the asking price.

Seconded, putting my 36,000 mile NG900 on Saabnet was the best thing I ever did and sold it in less than a month at the price I wanted.
I think it's so weird that everyone has great luck on Saabnet classifieds except me. I got not a single bite from my TSN classified ad when I sold my Viggen. I also paid for Autotrader, but the only interest I got was from the free sites (CL and forums).

That's about the only car/color/model that could get me back into a 9-3.
I was thinking the same thing.

·
User
9,193 Posts
I think it's worth the asking price... That car appears to be super clean. Mileage isn't everything as long as the car has been cared for! You'll just have to find the right person... shouldn't be too hard!

That is quite possibly the nicest looking 9-3 I have ever seen. I have always wanted an MCY 3dr with RK1 18's. I stared at this picture for quite a while last night.

Do you have more pictures of it in Hi-res?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
If I crashed my car, I would be importing this to Canada asap. Just add up all the aftermarket items + rare mcy 2 door. $12k is a steal imo. Car needs nothing but an owner.

Luca wanted $10k for his beat up de-modified mcy viggen...

·
Registered
623 Posts
If I crashed my car, I would be importing this to Canada asap. Just add up all the aftermarket items + rare mcy 2 door. $12k is a steal imo. Car needs nothing but an owner.

Luca wanted $10k for his beat up de-modified mcy viggen...
Can't you "accidentally" swing out into a pole and do an insurance claim?:D

The car is rediculous looking (beautiful). If miles is a problem for anyone, just store it and bring it out in 10 years to sell for 20K:))))

I was just thinking of Luca the scizo-benzoid lunatic and comparing this car to his, yes, you get a car that actually has the real paint, from the factory, and probably a lot less trash everywhere else around the car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts