Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it's slippery out it seems like the right front wheel tends to lose traction earlier when moving from a stop. It doesnt seem to matter what lane I start from.

Also, while bearing right once in the same conditions I got the impression that the right wheel was pulling the car through more than it should. Not sure how much sense it makes; it's more of a feeling-

If tires were not a factor, anything I can look into or is it normal?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
When it's slippery out it seems like the right front wheel tends to lose traction earlier when moving from a stop. It doesnt seem to matter what lane I start from.

Also, while bearing right once in the same conditions I got the impression that the right wheel was pulling the car through more than it should. Not sure how much sense it makes; it's more of a feeling-

If tires were not a factor, anything I can look into or is it normal?
open differential... right side is the drive wheel which explains why it pulls to the right like its trying to take you off the road under hard acceleration.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i understand the differential bit, except for why it's almost always the right side that likes to spin. i thought it would have been the left , since the the transmission is on the left side

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the good news is since a new ARB was going in, it gave me a chance to replace some parts like the balljoints and bushings. The aluminum 'ears' on the front of the control arms had wasted away to pebble sized bits, so those also got replaced.

There's much less slippage in the wet now, so I guess my question should have been, why does this thing slip so much when im not even flooring it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.