Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My brother in law, who bought an SPG from me a few years ago, is selling the car. The potential buyer doesn't want the Super Aero wheels (he's taking the stock SPG wheels instead). Hence he's asking me what a fair price would be for him to expect to get if he sells the Super Aeros. They're in fairly good condition - maybe a nick or two here or there and some brake dust - and have summer tires with decent tread on them. He'd probably clean them up and put at least a little effort into marketing to appropriate audiences.

I know that these are (or, were) "popular" for C900's and so on. And I'm expecting that the range of reasonable prices is all over the map. But they come up for sale rarely enough that I am struggling to help him price them. I'm probably asking for trouble by starting a "what's it worth?" thread but I'm out of options - so - what's it worth?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I paid $230 for a set of 1 summer used set of Aniverary wheels... but they would have been a $500 set in the shape I got them otherwise. $250-$300 for a standard sef of "Aero or Super Aero's" in nice, but used shape seems average to me. If they are super super nice you MAY be able to get a little more. If they are rubbish - $100-$150.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
A few years ago, $300 all day long, basically as long as they weren't junk. Recently....I've sold a VERY VERY nice set for $400, and a quasi-ok set for $150.

This is just wheels. No tires.

They don't seem to have the market they did 2-3 years ago, unless they are very clean and nice. Those are tough to find.

·
10,303 Posts
Wish I had known about this when you brought Tweek to Binghamton. Would have had cash money waiting for you. :(
If you can work out a deal, I owe you guys, so I can get them when I go up for classes in March.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.