Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On local Craigslist, a 87 900, auto, non turbo, four door, for $1000, 134,000 miles.

I talked to the owner and he says it has minor dings on passeenger door and front bumper, passenger headlight was replaced from parking lot hit. Starts up great and runs good too, has a new battery and heater is very warm. Comes with a set of winter tires (on the car) and an extra set of summer tires and wheels (in trunk now).

I am going to see the car today after work.

I am looking for a winter beater to park the near pristine 95 and an auto would be good because my wife can drive too.

Is $1000 a fair price?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Does it have a/c - does it work? Do you need a/c up there?

Look for rust - poke at the floors. Look @ the front suspension where the lower A arm bolts up and the axle comes through.

If it's a fairly clean car and has a nice history to back things up - I could see near $1000 for one these days. It is an auto - so be sure it shifts nice (as nice as a 3 speed can) and the fluid looks decent. Being a non-turbo that helps the trans last longer, but does NOT help that car get out of it's own way :(

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
8v or 16? 87 base model was an 8v. Good thing is that with the auto she'll probably never break traction...even in Alaska. If the car's even somewhat well kept and inspectable $1k isn't bad. A "G" just doesn't go as far as it used to, especially for a car.

·
7,595 Posts
An 8 valve automatic is just about the slowest uninspiring saab you are going to find anywhere... Personally I would avoid that car just because it will be such a dullard to drive. Get at least a 900-S with a manual trans. That car will still be slow, but not dangerously so like the 8 valve 900-AT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts