Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Looking great.

I vote 205 55 16 Dunlop M3 Winter tires, (on sale at tirerack) and 16" Steelies painted Silver. Then I'd have to say attach SAAB Scania Center Caps to the center of the steel wheel.

And I'd retrofit a 'Wintermode' button in there too, keep that boost down.

In anycase those deltas need to go, the 2" drop makes it a FWD snowplow...

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
How soon do you expect snow up there anyways? I'm going to be waiting two more weeks up here in the great Northeast Kingdom. No Deltas for me though. With the 308 rotors I had to ditch em for those bland early 16" 9-5 3 spokes that I believe are nameless.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
How soon do you expect snow up there anyways? I'm going to be waiting two more weeks up here in the great Northeast Kingdom. No Deltas for me though. With the 308 rotors I had to ditch em for those bland early 16" 9-5 3 spokes that I believe are nameless.
It snowed all morning here today, even a bit into the afternoon. Its certainly time to be in winter mode.

I am glad I got rid of those horrid wheels, but Palmer did get a pretty damn good deal on them ;)

My Mille Miglias with 205/55 16 General Ulitmax (rebranded Gislaved Nordfrost 3) will go on this week.

and Palmer, your car is not two inches lower, at the most its 0.4" lower, since that's the difference in overall radius between a 195/60 15 and a 225/45 17. Check it out: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's more of a temp thing right now...I noticed the summer tires were slightly flat-spotted after sitting overnight and I was spinning them all over the place.

Added bonus of winter tires: massive screeching upon wheelspin. I lit them up by accident on a dry patch of pavement. Wow, was that loud. I'm going to have to take it easy this winter.

As for the drop or whatever, (wank wank wank) maybe it's the powerful suck of these wheels pulling it closer to the ground.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Delta's FTL...

I have begged my mother who drives an '99 9-3 base to ditch her deltas for years now, but she could care less about how her car looks. They just look so sad with those HUGE sidewalled OEM tires.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts