20. Jarno Trulli (ITA)
21. Heikki Kovalainen (FIN)

HRT F1 Team-Cosworth
22. Narain Karthikeyan (IND)
23. TBA

Virgin Racing-Cosworth
24. Timo Glock (GER)
25. Jerome d’Ambrosio (BEL)

5 Champions on the grid. A lot of improvements have been made. Let's hope for a good season and that the last 4 teams don't have 1.5s gap on every lap.

As many of you already know, Kubica had a major accident yesterday morning doing what he does best - racing (unlike Webber who flips and breaks bones everytime he goes biking). Kubica was rumored to have his hand amputated or that his career was over. Well, those are just news lines so you open a link and look at ads. Doctors are very optimistic and surprised how fast he's getting better.

Other news, Alonso and Briatore were the first ones to visit him in Pietra Ligure.

According to Briatore, Kubica will start racing when F1 gets to Europe in 3 months.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Where did I get alonso racing in mclaren?! I'm a 'tard.
I'm leaning to mclaren winning this season. No way redbull can keep it together one more year. Its a major miracle they squeaked out any sort of consistency to win last year.

I like fake tits more than real ones at this point.

·
Registered
433 Posts
thanks for the grid breakdown.
I got bored with all the F1 sillyness factors and completely stopped paying attention mid-2010. Kubica's accident started me reading a few articles and I guess I've missed all kinds of happenings (Lotus Grp into Renault and name battle with Team Lotus, for example). And did I read that team orders are now ok for 2011?!?...never thought I'd see that.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I predict:
1. Vettel having a better year and taking the Championship again while frustrating Weber to no end.
2. Hamilton will be the best challenger. Watch him squeeze cars off the track during the 1st lap.
3. Alonso will be a distant 3rd or 4th if Massa moves over for him. He will cry as usual.
4. Renault may challenge for a win or 2.
5. Schumi with solid 6th place finishes, 4th if most people crash out.
6. Button will lay down the least amount of passes by any driver.
7. Massa's last year at Ferrari.
8. Wild card pick would have been Kubica. Maybe Petrov now?
9. Brawn beating Schumi with a rubber hose if he can't out qualify Nico.
10. Virgin Racing-Cosworth to change to Lada Power.

Can't wait!

·
Registered
433 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Are they afraid of getting unproven young talent? Or are they following the ole 'one experienced, one young/upcoming' plan to cover their bases.
in f1, if you want to win, you need fresh blood with something to prove (and no fear). i guess renault arent looking to win just yet. they must want a guy to help sort the car out for the next guy.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
im predicting petrov do poorly and kubica replace him in two months.
Unfortunately thats probably not going to happen. Kubica is more than likely out for the season. It's possible that he could return at the end of the season, but if he wants to rehab and be 100% next year, he'll take the time to heal properly.

Also, Petrov has secured enough funding to ensure that he's not going to lose his ride. He leaves and his Rubles go with him. Renault can't afford that.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
And we're off. Vettel looks hard to beat again this year. Glad to see McLaren got their off season reliability issues sorted. Great race from Petrov. Massa/Button was a great battle. Alonso not heard from much. Was hoping Schumi would get off to a top 5 start.

/cliffs notes

1 - 20 of 360 Posts