Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruising home from work, the valentine one on, going like 80 or so in very light traffic.

A honda civic comes up behind me all my rear so I slow down to about 60, it was a Civic, vtec and all, very fast (sarcasm). When clear, he tries to pull on me passing me. I look over like, seriously what the f- are you trying to do?

He's banging on the shifter, his whole body shakes when he hits 4th(or maybe 5th). He's got the ricer look to him, dead stare, straight ahead like he;s working it. I'm sitting there with my one wrist sitting on top of the wheel, shifting with two fingers, seath way back, leaning, just cruising along.

So I decide I'm in what the hell. I downshift to 3rd, then hit 4th around 90, and continue. I pass this mofo like he's stuck in quicksand with molasses on his tires. I shut down around 120, b4 shifting into 5th - what would be the reason to go any farther than that?

I let him catch up, and he pulls up next to me and rolls down his window and says, that thing must be turbo huh? I reply, "yeah". And he gets off the hwy shortly after that.

I continue on thinking to myself, like it would matter if I had a turbo or not, probably 60% of the other cars on the road would take out a civic. What makes him think that a turbo is needed to pass his car?

Why do these honda guys think that their cars are fast?

His 100hp and 0tq vs my 300hp/350ftlbs, even if his car is pretty light.

Not a good kill, but wtf seriously, why did that dude even bother?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Yea man. I totally hear you.

Me and AJ (slaab4life) raced one of the fastest Honda Civic hatchbacks here in town (AJ was just visiting w/ his 2000 9-3 HOT, and I was in my 96 900 SET). This man had a rebuilt VTEC engine swapped with new pistons and everything fully set up for Nitrous and everything.

I raced the guy on the road starting at 25mph, and I beat him by a fender. AJ raced him from dead stop, bogged down during launch, and only got beat by a bumper.

Later on we were talking about how sad it was that this guy spend sooo much money to lighten his car and get a new engine and our shit was almost stock and we were able to roll on him. Its really sad. :roll:

·
Registered
16 Posts
good kill i guess :)

BUT those shitboxes can pull 13s with not so expensive mods, cause of their weight. My friend had 11 sec Civic, it was a beast, always felt unsafe in it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lionsgraphics said:
good kill i guess :)

BUT those shitboxes can pull 13s with not so expensive mods, cause of their weight. My friend had 11 sec Civic, it was a beast, always felt unsafe in it.
Those are the rare exceptions. Unfortunately for them, vinyl and plastic don't make your car faster

·
Administrator
302 Posts
Beware that some Hondas may be quick. Here in Malmö we now got a legal strip. Here are the best results so far:

1. Jonas..............Mitsubishi [email protected]
2. Mojo...............Fiat Coupe 20v [email protected]
3. Wannabie........Lancia [email protected]
4. Manhood.........Mazda 323 [email protected]
5. PB2000...........Honda Civic Type [email protected]
6. Infra...............Honda Del Sol [email protected]
7. Liviu...............Lancia Delta [email protected]
8. Pelle206.........Peugeot 206 [email protected]
9. CHRiS.............Honda Crx non [email protected]
10. Perra N...........Seat [email protected]
11. Colle............Saab [email protected]
12. Snowguy.......Honda Accord 2.0......... [email protected]

Colles 9-3 is only stage 1 BSR. I haven´t raced yet, I´m waiting for my stage 3 ECU.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm, there's a discrepancy between a lot of those ET's and trap speeds.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
i give some of the ricers credit around here...ive got a 9k cs with cse engine management and a turbo xs mbc...and i could barely keep up with/ beat by a nose a 01 integra gsr...granted the kid CAN drive and i mean this...but he can tune like no other...the car only has a vtec controller on it so intake opens at 4k exhaust at 6k....and i barely won on 19psi....

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
proudest moment

so i got my saab about a week ago... been driving a saturn around for about a year. Was getting pretty tierd of these kids with civics that there parents bought them with there big ghetto sound system rims and backwards hats blowing past me on the highway at 80 :roll: so im on my way home from work on 295 at around 12 at night in my 1995 saab 9000CSE and i hear it. The guy pulls up next to me... hes probly 5 years older then me... tapping his gas and lookin at me... and all i could think about was.... damn i have been waiting for this moment for about 2 years. He starts to pull away and i floored it :D i came level with his bumpers and felt my trubo kick in ... damn... in that moment every dish i ever washed and every box i ever moved to pay for that car payed off times 100. As i slowed down and he cought up i noticed i couldnt hear his music ne more... :lol: i must say i would quite pround of her. keep in mind every thing about my car is still 100% stock. It was a good feeling

1 - 17 of 17 Posts