Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

One of the rear calipers on my 2000 9-3 is getting sticky. It took a LOT of force to compress it when I recently had the brakes apart so I'm sure it's going to be frozen soon.

At this point I'm wondering about those $8 - 10 rebuild kits you see on places like thesaabsite.com. Has anyone used these? Is the quality any good? It's a bargain compared to $75 - $100 for a factory rebuilt unit...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think the quality of the kit is not a problem, I put in a lot of them from different company's. The problem is more the surface inside the caliper, if there been water there. Which is very likely, because brake fliud suck up water from the atmosphere (as you all know)and water creates corrsion, and corrosion make them seize up. A couple of time's, I been grinding the surface and there been small "bad spot's" in the surface, that I couldn't remove. I put it together anyway, and it worked for several years. I did it because I was young and poor and wanted to put my money on more fun stuff. I will not recomend it. Today I would put in a rebuilt caliber.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts