Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently I had my pipe separate from the middle muffler, loud as hell- but it fixed with a new flex pipe installed.. Ive been reading around and seen mixed comments/videos with the middle muffler *reso* deleted and adding magnaflow or borla muffler? looking for it to sound like

Thoughts??

1 Resonator delete- keep stock muffler
2 Resonator delete- add new muffler
3 Keep Resonator and install new muffler

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've heard some cars with a reso delete and not sure if its the camera angle- but they sound like CrAp and others sounds great.. I heard my buddies car with a reso delete.. but that was a 300m lol!! If its worth it and wont sound extremely ricey, id like to give it a try :-D

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Well I have no middle resonator, no cat, 2.5inch all the way back and it is loud as fuck.

What sound are you going for? Also what year car?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an 01 9-3 base. I want it quieter than a str8 pipe but to not sound like a bunch of nails being shook in a can haha.. This is such a gamble, because youtube has good info on the cars, but they vary :? theres a shop that will do the delete and new muffler for $60 just have to purchase the muffler

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I went to the exhaust shop... for $30.82 had my middle muffler removed- sounds a little different but nothing like yours k1llsh0rty, wish it did! Idk if the viggens have sport muffler, but mine is the base model.

Im going to wait and install a borla 40659 muffler, hopefully that will make the difference :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
So I went to the exhaust shop... for $30.82 had my middle muffler removed- sounds a little different but nothing like yours k1llsh0rty, wish it did! Idk if the viggens have sport muffler, but mine is the base model.

Im going to wait and install a borla 40659 muffler, hopefully that will make the difference :D
Post a vid! I'm still curious about the sound. :)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
lol i still love the sound dont get me wrong.
;) I try really hard to have respectful mods. I went through the "fast and furious"stage ten years ago and hate it when people do stupid mods, so I sorta take offense to calling my exhaust a "Fart can" -

Maybe not your fault, but if someone who can't appreciate the mod is calling it that, then I don't worry what they think if they are the ones calling it a "fart can".

·
Registered
393 Posts
;) I try really hard to have respectful mods. I went through the "fast and furious"stage ten years ago and hate it when people do stupid mods, so I sorta take offense to calling my exhaust a "Fart can" -

Maybe not your fault, but if someone who can't appreciate the mod is calling it that, then I don't worry what they think if they are the ones calling it a "fart can".
np
ur exhaust sounds sexy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts