Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
JT 3" Full (Turbo back) Exhuast if you have a turbo and are going to upgrade ECUs.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
i too am looking for a new exhaust set up...from cat back....
i want a 3" thats not too loud and thats not too $$

if you guys have any links to some places please post them....
thanks

·
Administrator
254 Posts
The best thing to do is find a muffler you want with a 3" inlet and have a local exhaust shop custom fabricate something. Usually that saves you a bit of cash too.

Kyle

·
Registered
228 Posts
i just got a custom job. i had a free flowing muffler (flowmaster) and simply got a shop to put it on with 2.5 from downpipe back. i cut the cat. out and do not have a problem witht the sound. although i had 2 holes in my exhaust and was very use to a very, very loud car. the whole thing really did wonders for power and torque. i posted some pics on thread above.

Ben Y.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
good idear...

but most of the aftermarket exhausts.....are a little ricey...like a tin can..

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
iwantaviggen said:
good idear...

but most of the aftermarket exhausts.....are a little ricey...like a tin can..
Actually i found out this depends on the car, and the brand of exhaust.

Saab4life, used to have a basic dual tip muffler ( DTM) with 2.5" inlet off ebay, and it sounds AWESOME. Had a beautiful rumble, and didn't get loud until he gunned it. Even then it sounded similar to a modded BMW.

For some reason it was damaged, so he since bought a Magnaflow. He of course likes the magnaflow, but i think he said it was a little quieter.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
for some reason i just cant bring myself to buy any old muffler....its either got to be made for saab..or its gunna be an HKS carbon ti or APEXi N-1 something baller like

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
i dont see an n1 type muffler loooking good on anything but a dsm or a supra... it just looks outta place on anything but japanese cars i love the dtm mufflers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts