Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Gutting stock exhaust would be the cheapest way to make a little noise. You should have two mufflers stock on car, you need neither, just keep cat(since we don't want to be called goss emiters of pollution) and replace muffflers for straight tubing.
Fact: the turbo removes 1/3 exhaust noise since exhaust is what is powering turbo.
:idea: The greatest enemy of a Turbo is backpressure.
I'd recomend purchasing a Flowmaster(for that loud throaty exhaust note) or other quality muffler. Replace original rear muffler with flowmaster, and can mid muffler. Aftermarket mufflers don't have hangers, and wont be same casing size as whats on car, so fabrication will be needed. I recomend professional do work if you dont have equipment(don't go to local muffler shop, there in a hury to fix your car so work will be poor).

Go Swift, Go Safe, Go Saab

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'd recommend a Magneflow muffler, they have a nice 5" x 8" universal muffler, single 2.5" to dual 2.5", its aluminized. this is what i plan on putting on my car, just lose the first muffler and only have one magnaflow in the back. :twisted:

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
The lease amount of money? Drill a hole in your intermediate flex pipe! I had a split in mine and it sounded VERY throaty....

·
Registered
741 Posts
My flex pipe right before the cat broke completely off, now THAT was throaty, it sounded like a british sports car, like my dads old MGB w/ Ansa exhuast only mine was much louder and backfired every once in awhile. :twisted:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Exhaust note

HI guys I'm from the other side of the pond and thought I would let you know about my new exhaust I have fitted.

It may not be a cheap option however it sounds great looks fab and the performance gains are just stunning. :wink:

Its the JT3" straight through from turbo to back box no cat it took me 3hrs to fit using axle stands (bit of a nightmare) but well worth it.

Save up your Dollars you will not be dissapointed :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well its true it is fab I would even go to say its super darling (just kidding)

I just think the exhaust is Awsome the best £300.00 I have spent in a while.

I cannot stop driving the car the noise is ace you will be very happy once you have got it fitted.(fitting the down pipe is a bit of a bitch :evil: the two of the three turbo flange nuts are very difficult to get too be patient) other than that you shouldn't have many problems

1 - 10 of 10 Posts