Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Kevin Yankton's special project 900SE. Had an EVO front hood vent grafted to the 900 hood to reduce temps. I think it looks pretty good, it's not a bulky as a hood scoop. I talked to him a Carlisle and he said the lines in the hood match up perfectly with the EVO vents.
http://www.kyankton.net/Talladega Exterior.htm

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Yea i noticed those pics the other day. I think overall it looks good. Personally I'd rather have a slightly larger vent similar to this one.

Snow_41 found a company named Erebruni that makes hoods, and sells these vents in different sizes as well.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rcmdesign said:
And he has a custom gas door too!
I'm pretty sure those will be forsale in the near future.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
oh man that i bet that things gonna be a monster, but is that the green that the new convertibles come in? im really not a huge fan of that color, i belive that it was originally a saturn color, or they at least use it :( .

but i suppose if its fast enough, it doesnt really matter what color its :twisted: .

Paul

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
no, the gm green is more towards yellow

i just checked his sight the other day, and he didnt have that stuff up thought, but that looks awesome

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Ya I can’t wait to see some of the stuff that’s going to be on his car like the exhaust manifold and if he is going to use the new GP9 Stainless exhaust or custom make one. The Scoop and the lights are a nice touch. Also that custom coilovers are going to be sick, I’ve been waiting for that forever.

We should get a group buy for the lights, though. Found them cheap to.

Color is ok, it looks a lot better in person if thats the same color of the new saabs.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Glad to see that you guys like the stuff! I actually was not satisfied with the triangle on the raised spoiler, so I made one that looks like a blade is mirror polished. SWEET! When you see it, you just want to touch it (we can just stop your racing minds there). Especially Eric, because he is crazy now that he got some shots of his car taken. I am going to have need a garage sale soon because way too many unused parts a building up.

I am actually trying to get the hood done in carbon fiber. Most of the shops are too busy or want an order of 50 hoods. Whats the reputation or quality of this BodyKits Inc place? Has anyone actually bought anything from them?

Cheers,
Kevin

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
KevinY said:
Glad to see that you guys like the stuff! I actually was not satisfied with the triangle on the raised spoiler, so I made one that looks like a blade is mirror polished. SWEET! When you see it, you just want to touch it (we can just stop your racing minds there). Especially Eric, because he is crazy now that he got some shots of his car taken. I am going to have need a garage sale soon because way too many unused parts a building up.

I am actually trying to get the hood done in carbon fiber. Most of the shops are too busy or want an order of 50 hoods. Whats the reputation or quality of this BodyKits Inc place? Has anyone actually bought anything from them?

Cheers,
Kevin
Kevin, im so glad you asked that. Actually we have been trying to get all different kinda of parts made. So far we found a company that is can do the hoods as well as the body kit, but they're kind of behind. They may be willing to go ahead and produce a small amount of them (like 10-20) as long as they know people will buy. We are currently dealing with them to get copies of the Viggen spoiler made at a lot cheaper price.

Maybe with your help we can get something going.

·
Registered
316 Posts
So, what is the name of this mystery company? Let me know, I would be interested in seeing what we can get going?

Kevin

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
The company is called LoPro, they actually work with another company to get the molds done. Some people don't really like them anymore because they've been pretty busy and have taken awhile to get back to us about the peices we want made (Not that I can blame people for getting upset). Thats why im sure another main voice can possibly get things into production quicker.

Its a long shot, but is worth a try.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts