Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im lookin for a euro gauge cluster for my 1995 9000cs anyone have one or know where i can get one? i saw one on ebay a few months back but i forgot to bid on it :roll: ...lemme know

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
saabkid37 said:
just out of curiosity...ive heard of some imported cars running kph speedos, yet the needle still reads in mph...any idea how is this done?
oh shit thats a really good idea, would be rather easy all youd need to do is calibrate your speedo so that 60km/h is actually 60mph, and since its an electric speedo that should be rather easy.

Paul

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yeah but why do this when your speedo already reads 60mph?

Canadian Saabs have the same gauge cluster (metric only) as the Euro ones, but I want one too..

Converting metric to English measure isn't very difficult to do on the fly, remember one kilometre is about .625 miles, so 120km/h = 75mph, 140km/h = 87mph, 88km/h=55mph, 200km/h = 125mph. That's about all you need to know...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Speaking of this, the new GM cars (Cadillac XLR, Pontiac GTO, etc...) have gotten rid of the fairly ugly dual-measure system and instead have an electric button on the dash that changes the measure. So the speedo face reads 0 - 160 (US car) or 0 - 260 (non-US) and when it's set for English it will read "80" and press the button and it jumps up to "130"...

Cool... 8)

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alansaab is lookin around some yards over in scotland to get some prices for me and see if there actually available...i thought it would make a cool little detail mod to finish off the car, especially if it still reads in mph so i dont get in any more trouble :roll: (got the idea from a skyline featured in sport compact car, the quote read "we pumped it up to 120 on the speedo...little did we know that it was calibrated for mph so instead of doing 75 we were really doing 120...shit" lol) Also thought it would be rather easy to do since i should hopefully be swapping my dash to one with a glovebox to fix the passengers airbag that is still hanging out....

paul - since your such a genious :wink: figure out how to calibrate my speedo :lol:

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
saabkid37 said:
alansaab is lookin around some yards over in scotland to get some prices for me and see if there actually available...i thought it would make a cool little detail mod to finish off the car, especially if it still reads in mph so i dont get in any more trouble :roll: (got the idea from a skyline featured in sport compact car, the quote read "we pumped it up to 120 on the speedo...little did we know that it was calibrated for mph so instead of doing 75 we were really doing 120...shit" lol) Also thought it would be rather easy to do since i should hopefully be swapping my dash to one with a glovebox to fix the passengers airbag that is still hanging out....

paul - since your such a genious :wink: figure out how to calibrate my speedo :lol:
haha i think you'd need a way to program the ECU, probably the Tech2 at the dealer, all i was saying is that it would be simple to do if you had the right tools to do it with. :lol:

Paul

1 - 17 of 17 Posts