Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've decided to sell my prototype engine torque damper, which will work with NG900/OG-9-3's. I've driven with this one the car for 50K+ miles with zero issues. NVH increased slightly at clutch take-up, but at cruise/accel I noticed no major increase. Shifting precision is VASTLY improved with this installed.

After 155K, my motor and trans mounts failed, so I went with the GS poly mounts and this damper is no longer useful.

I will supply all the hardware and brackets to install. It will require cutting some firewall padding, removing the glovebox, and drilling three holes in your firewall.

The tube and brackets are made from billet aluminum, it has steel threaded heims joints, and an 80D Poly damper inside.

Item is located in Vermont, I will ship Priority Mail. If local, I will sell for $60 FtF.

Paypal accepted plus fees.

Engine bay shot showing the location of the damper and the brackets. (It isn't this shiny anymore.)

Shot with the glovebox removed and the back of the firewall plate:

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Built it back in the grad school days, ahh to have that much free time and full access to a machine shop again...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm curious, did you try running this with your poly mounts?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, I saw little need to. Before the poly mounts and before the damper, the engine moved considerably under load. The damper fixed that. After installing the poly mounts, the level of engine movement seemed pretty comparable to having the damper installed.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm interested in taking it off your hands but it's gonna be a week or two before I have the spare jingle...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump with new price, now $65 shipped, $60 FtF.

If you have a staged car and can't afford new motor mounts or want to buy some time. This is the upgrade to get. You won't believe the improvement in shifting.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, will do. It really works well for a drawn-on-a-napkin and milled/lathed out of scrap billet sort of project.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts