Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I have a 1965 Saab 850 Monte Carlo minus it's motor and trans. I so loved my '72 V4, I want to swap in a V4 in the '65. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Any advice? Thank you for reading and any opinions or advice you may impart, mark

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hello All,
I have a 1965 Saab 850 Monte Carlo minus it's motor and trans. I so loved my '72 V4, I want to swap in a V4 in the '65. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Any advice? Thank you for reading and any opinions or advice you may impart, mark
I have never done this, but I have seen it done, so it can be done. the only thing I do know about doing this is to make sure that you cut holes in the floor for the oil pan, I have also have seen people make this mistake. good luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just my two cents. If your car is a real Monte Carlo and you can find the proper engine such a car would really be worth money. Far easier to get a V4 car that needs fixing up like the one available on the New York Saab Club fb group.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.