Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
engine light keeps coming on had it in to dealer had tak2 meter on it and replaced all pipes now light keeps coming on, cars been back every 2 weeks and the dealer say fuel something is at max and its ok and turns light off, now car is losing power, and only running 25mpg insted of 31mpg, its a 97 900se 2.3 convertable please any help out there

·
Registered
745 Posts
lnteresting....,

Any chance they failed to clean your O2's or something got damaged when they replaced your pipes. Otherwise it may have just changed the way the car is burning, and the ECU adapted to the change. You could simply reset the ECU or do some simple checks for damage.

Considering the work that was done, and if it comes back on... check:

Spark Plugs ...look at each plug and compare for rich fuel condition
could be relative to having dirty connection on O2. The O2's provide feedback of a lean or rich condition to the ECU.

Might be time to clean or replace O2 sensors; need to be properly grounded through the new pipe... If the O2's do a comparitive detecting a lean condition, the ECU will compensate by riching the fuel...hence your low fuel mileage.

Obviously check for wire damage if the shop didn't want to waste time, and simply unscrewed the O2 sensor from the pipe without disconnecting it first.

Hope it helps...

regards

·
Administrator
302 Posts
OK, I guess the Long Term Fuel Compensation or LTFC has maxed out and the car is running lean. The reason for that (usually) is that there is a leak in the intake part. I had the same problem. My tip is to check all the pipes leading to the intake especially the small ones, there are a lot of them, and you need to check them all, real good. Just a small crack will let enough air in and make this trouble appear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the advice the car went back in and all they could tell me was the fuel trim it at max and ideas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts