Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have school tomorrow and have to commute so i finished fixing little coolant leaks, swapping the turbo for a rebuilt t25, and doing a quick clean up of the bay. Man was it a close call haha. This concludes my summer modding. Time to focus on school and can't wait what next summer brings me. :) Or thanksgiving break lol. For anyone that knows a little bit of my car, you guys have a suggestion for future upgrades?

p.s. I know you guys will probably find a million things wrong with my engine, whatever lol.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
You're on a stage 3+ and still using the stock T25?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i'm at this point: "Stage 3+ Stage 3 and ETS intercooler - plus 95hp" from JZW website.

i was thinking my next mod would be a Big T28 :)

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
yeah i'm at this point: "Stage 3+ Stage 3 and ETS intercooler - plus 95hp" from JZW website.

i was thinking my next mod would be a Big T28 :)
I loved the way my car felt with a true big T28, I cannot recommend it enough. It spools more quickly than a TD04 18/19t and makes the same power as a TD04 19t which is a win win in my book.

The T25 will not last very long at those levels, trust me on that one.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the input christian. how much do t28s go for on the tsl market? like $450ish right? Gotta start saving.. lol.

·
Registered
231 Posts
What did you do to the valve cover to give it that finish? Or did you just strip the paint off it? My '04 9-5 has the unpainted aluminum valve cover and it's all oxidized and crappy looking.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mine is just stripped. I just used some elbow grease and sandpaper to get off the dirty/spotty parts.
Cool, thanks. It looks nice. I wonder if I could sand the oxidation off of mine and then get some sort of clear sealer for it. I kind of like the aluminum look, but it oxidizes too quickly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.