Saab Link Forums banner
2K views 152 replies 54 participants last post by  Tweek's Turbos 
#1 ·
Obama wins Ohio, and pretty much cuts off any path for McCain to win.

See less See more
#23 ·
doesn't surprise me at all

My only comment so far is this: The relative split of the popular vote in the past three elections, IMO, highlights extremely well the need for a viable third party candidate.
i'll fully and completely agree with this. Instead of voting extreme right, or extreme left, i'd like the opportunity to vote in the middle, and not pick a lesser of two evils

#21 · (Edited)
Landslide.

Good riddance. Change has finally come.

#29 ·
Some things we can't get rid of unfortunately. Racism, hatred, ignorance and stupidity are some of those things.

#39 · (Edited)
Don't forget that this applies on many fronts, including people who voted for Obama (95% of blacks as stated just now on TV) as well as McCain (basically the entire white south) or whoever. I don't like Obama, but i hope he brings the change he talks of, this country needs it, and if he doesn't fuck our country up, more power to him, and even as a Republican, I will support him as the President. The only peace i have is that Sarah Palin isn't in office, but i feel bad for McCain, he got the bad end of the stick with being overly compared to Bush.

a little off beat but I've alot of friends who are talking an awful lot of things like assissinations......thoughts/opinions
I have heard of and considered this, hopefully nothing like that will happen, and i'm sure they are expecting the possibility of it and will take precautions. Even though i'm not a fan of Obama, i would never wish that on any decent human being.

#32 ·
I wrote this in Jan 2007 in the following thread, long before the democratic nomination..I've never been happier to be wrong.

http://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14337&page=3&highlight=obama

"I just can't give hope to the southern voters in the red states that were responsible for voting Bush in the 2nd time! These are people who are ignorant and yet don't even care about anything beyond their own backyards. They are the ideal candidates for republican propaganda that has proven to be so effective in the past. The fear tactics, the uncertainty of changing the course, etc will be used all over again by republicans to snag these votes. Don't underestimate the creativity of republican spin games either, they will once again conjure up the fear of swaying from a 'patriotic vote' ...remember, I couldn't fathom Bush would get re-elected, and sure enough he did.

Obama's credibility will only be established through his exposure in fighting for the dem candidacy - this will determine his true odds of being competitive, until then we can only speculate. And regardless of the romantic vision of what a president should be, there are too many red voters who would want a president to echo their own moral beliefs, one being there's still no place for a black president, and this will be the silent bigotry that will be responsible for driving their campaigns, this time with even more passion. I'd love to see a change, and would be ecstatic if Barack can get in there, but as it stands I remain doubtful. Those are my thoughts."

#33 ·
Holy fuck. I literally tear up thinking about the fact that I had a hand in this. Obama won my state and massacred in my county.

To quote John Stewart, this is the day that America finally shows and doesn't just tell. I'm so proud right now, I can't stand it.

#37 ·
To quote John Stewart, this is the day that America finally shows and doesn't just tell. I'm so proud right now, I can't stand it.
being 22 and this being the second election i could vote in, i have to agree.

the young voter turnout was absolutely amazing, and something that i think both sides should be proud of. the last voter turn out was horrid, and as a country we cant have that. im still amazed.

did they mention what final turnout percentage was?

#40 ·
ya... thats fucked up. Regardless of his viewpoints, supporters, race, anything, talking about that shit is fucked up. He'll be our president, and thats not ok to talk about killing him over it, not just because he'll be a president, but because he is a human just like the rest of us

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.