Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K guys...well my anniversary present from the boyfriend arrived...thats right good ol lowering springs :D

Now my question is....Do i really need to replace the stock struts before or while I'm putting on these springs? And if those in the area know any local shops that can do it that'd be great too.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
i have the pro kit in my car, i have had it for about..almost a year and now i can feel my shocks giving out....me and a friend installed mine..it is rather easy if you guys are up for the job....but you dont need to replace the shocks right away you can wait....but not tooooo long..

nice gift by the way!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
On my NG900 I installed Abbott coils without swapping out the OEM struts. I ran the car for over a year that way without any problems until some lady T-boned me. The only argument for doing the struts at the same time is the savings in labour.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
They will need to be replaced but as of now they are fine with just the springs. Although i do highly reccomend getting some konis they are AMAZING.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys...yea ive heard the konis are great! My only tiff now is trying to find a shop that'll put them on for me!

Hopefully they'll be on the car soon and then i save up some money for struts

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Any saab dealership should be fine to install them for you, I use a small dealership that is nothing big but they sell a few used saabs and they do all my after market mods.

·
7,595 Posts
I second the comment that the stock struts neeing to be replaced along with the springs. if they are the originals, it would not be long with a lowered suspension before the struts would be shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts