Saab Link banner

Which ECU?

  • Option A: Stage 3

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Option B: Stage 5 (stock turbo, for now)

    Votes: 6 46.2%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got off the phone with Jak, and we were discussing my ECU options. I have everything to go stage 5, minus the turbo(long story).

Option A: Go stage 3+ for now

Option B: Use Stage 5 chip with stock turbo. He says that this will be safe, it will just have the map so i can utilize my 50# injectors. I will run a little rich since my lil turbo wont be pushing the same amount of air as the larger ones.


I will be buying a larger turbo in the near future, so using the stage 5 chip would save me the money and hassle of getting a reflash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,943 Posts
I would buy the turbo you want

throw it on a shelf

save untill you can get the ECU

then install all of it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heres my thinking.
If i go stage 3, i still have my injectors sitting around which is no big deal.
Then i will wait till i build my 2.3 this winter to buy a turbo.

If i go stage 5 now, then i will run slightly rich for a cpl months until i buy a turbo, having a little more power than stage 3. I will likely only buy a td04 and upgrade it.

I plan on building my 2.3 with forged internals this winter, for next spring. In which case my 1200 on a turbo could be better spent on a GT30 or 35 instead of the same 1200 only buying me a GT28 which i could use now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No i ended up waiting. Still no ECU. I'm debating now on going stage 3 in the next month or so making it my daily and buying a new car to make my project car. Or buying a daily and going all out on my car.

Thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,197 Posts
................another saab :mrgreen: Go with either a 9000 or 9-5. They'll be able to better plant the power of an all out saab over the ng900/og9-3.

My vote is a 9000 though.
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top