Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
1 Caliper - Reman with pads for $60ish seems about right - not overpriced, not free - sounds about as normal as Remans get. It's hard to mess up a rebuild on a Saab caliper..... I'd imagine they are a good buy for one in need. I like to just rebuild them myself personally - takes less than an hour to rebuild a pair and about $15 in parts.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Just because it's not difficult doesn't mean you get what you pay for, what gets my attention on that is that it's not clear if there's a core charge, would be great if you can keep your old ones, that's pretty unusual.

Drew

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Agreed on the core charge. Pricewise, that's pretty good. Pretty standard wholesale price, but certainly better than you'll find at a retail parts store. I've installed plenty of Centric calipers and always found them to be pretty good quality

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Most cars over a certain age or item which is deemed "dime a dozen" places stop charging a core for b/c they have so many of them already - it get's silly having to stock so many old dirty parts.... LOTS of parts stores I deal with for work have stopped charging for and collecting cores. Works for me - I'll rebuild it and sell it or just scrap them myself :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm thinking or doing this since my calipers are completely seized to the point of no repair. I've tried everything to get them free'd up but no luck. I'm still looking around for good ones though and I might go eEuro since they can be shipped to me the same day. As for the fronts I want to go the Porsche route but I'm having trouble finding the threads on here that explain how it would be done.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I remember seeing a few posts on this site and SC even saw a video on youtube that had a 9k with Porsche brakes. I remember when I first started on Saabs I remember reading it on SC but for some reason the search engine on their site doesn't work well with my computer. it was pretty cool seeing Porsche brakes on them and I want to say it was almost a direct bolt on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.