Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
There you go. The drop looks great and i love the Techno Violet color but i could be biased considering my first car was Dark Burgundy Pearl. I was trying to find the DS2s for the 328 but came up empty. They're probably my favorite factory BMW wheels. What size tires are you running?

Also this thread is about YOUR car not the cars you saw, if i was you i would delete them and then have a mod change the title to "E36 M3 Content" or "ViggenLuca: E36 M3" (I'd go with the second one. Erica do your thing ;) )Those are some cool cars though especially the RHD M.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There you go. The drop looks great and i love the Techno Violet color but i could be biased considering my first car was Dark Burgundy Pearl. I was trying to find the DS2s for the 328 but came up empty. They're probably my favorite factory BMW wheels. What size tires are you running?

Also this thread is about YOUR car not the cars you saw, if i was you i would delete them and then have a mod change the title to just "E36 M3 Content" or "ViggenLuca: E36 M3" Those are some cool cars though especially the RHD M.
Thank you. front 225/45/17 rear 245/40/17
Depending on if i get wheels or not i could sell them to you down the road. They are almost perfect, christian can voucher for me.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Thank you. front 225/45/17 rear 245/40/17
Depending on if i get wheels or not i could sell them to you down the road. They are almost perfect, christian can voucher for me.
Sounds like a plan, only problem is you're on the wrong side of the country :p

If you're planning on upgrading the lights check out DDMtuning.com. They've got some killer deals on headlights, hids etc etc. I just bought a set of HIDs for the low beams and fogs along with a blacked out grille. All that cost me about $100 shipped. I think they're located in Cali so you might even be able to get it cheaper if you can pick the parts up.

As far as replacement parts, go check out FCPgroton.com. They have great prices and amazing customer service.

I think you said everything has been taken care of on the car just make sure the water pump was something that was done. They say that if you're not 110% sure its been changed you should change it along with the thermostat and housing. These cars came with plastic impeller water pumps for some odd reason and they're prone to failing, so get your self one with metal impeller. For $100 its cheap insurance that your car won't over heat, well at least it won't over heat due to water pump or thermostat failure. Also check if your radiator has been swapped out for an aluminum one. Thats the next thing on my list of parts to replace.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like a plan, only problem is you're on the wrong side of the country :p

If you're planning on upgrading the lights check out DDMtuning.com. They've got some killer deals on headlights, hids etc etc. I just bought a set of HIDs for the low beams and fogs along with a blacked out grille. All that cost me about $100 shipped. I think they're located in Cali so you might even be able to get it cheaper if you can pick the parts up.

As far as replacement parts, go check out FCPgroton.com. They have great prices and amazing customer service.

I think you said everything has been taken care of on the car just make sure the water pump was something that was done. They say that if you're not 110% sure its been changed you should change it along with the thermostat and housing. For $100 its cheap insurance that your car won't over heat, well at least it won't over heat due to water pump or thermostat failure. Also check if your radiator has been swapped out for an aluminum one. Thats the next thing on my list of parts to replace.
Lol i was their today i got my springs from DDMtuning, they stayed after hours for me since i was stuck in traffic. Shipping would be about 150-180 for wheels. Not sure about water pump ill check records, and thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wait wait wait, didn't you just get this car two days ago?????? How did you already get custom plates 2 days after you got the car?
The custom plates are the previous owners. I got regular plates same day. Im not playing games with this car everything will be done fast. Tints, oil change, and lowering in 2days. I have hookups so im taking advantage.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
The car looks great!

I still say upgrade the rims though. The stockers are classic rims, but they date the car more than you may want. I think that a newer style rim (nothing more than a 17" or 18") would modernize and enhance the car. The newer style m3 rims would be a great choice. Overall though, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The car looks great!

I still say upgrade the rims though. The stockers are classic rims, but they date the car more than you may want. I think that a newer style rim (nothing more than a 17" or 18") would modernize and enhance the car. The newer style m3 rims would be a great choice. Overall though, you can't go wrong.
For now its staying sleeper. These are hands down my favorite stock rim for e36.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Looks great... hold onto this one for a while. It may have high mileage, but it looks to have been taken care of.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Sweet M3. I'm sure its a big change from the S2k, but still a driver's car. The new stance looks good, as do those stock wheels.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks great, Luca. Don't mess this one up. :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thank you everyone.
I love this car so much, it makes me smile when i drive it.
Best of all it's comfortable, has back seats, and looks good.

Next thing will be custom vinyl graphic designs, its under wrap till next week or so.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Yeah, dunno about that.

Something about a clean M3 looks good to me.

It's your car though, go nuts.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts