Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really intrigued by this idea, apparently it's pretty common overseas to retrofit an E36 headlight into a 9000, so I'm planning on picking up a set of e-codes with angel eyes and of course the projectors, then installing HIDs if I'm not pleased with the already-upgraded H7 bulbs and better pattern. Anyway, which would look better on a black 9k with color-matched grille and clear corners:
Silver housing (to match clear corners)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Or black housing (to match the rest of the car)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The black ones are a bit more expensive, but I think I'm more comfortable with the Depo brand than the no-name silver ones. Also, the harness adapter looks pretty much cobbled together on the silvers.

Also, any other info you might have on the retrofit would be very helpful, I know a few people have considered it. Thanks!

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Of all the E36 headlight retrofits I saw on Garaget, they all never look quite right in my opinion but it definately gives you more options for customizing.
Pretty much how I feel. They don't look right. Much akin to people installing angel eyes in their civic, or whatever. Even the E36 and E46 didn't come with angel eyes. Looks ricey on those cars too IMHO.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Different people clearly have different tolerances for shady body modifications. Those headlights are not even remotely lined up with the turn signals, or the grille, that would really bother me. So would the aerodynamically challenged front bumper though, so...

Paul

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Exactly, much like every other clapped out "modded up" Civic or Accord that frequently buzz around all over the place. It doesn't look clean.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

i think this looks nice.
From that pic, I'm actually thinking the black would look better, not quite so flashy and out of place, more molded in. And I already have a few ideas for making sure things line up better. Thanks for the input though!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
does anyone have a pic of the the headlights from the front? I want to see how much gap there really is

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.