Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! right coasters, he he, I noticed most of the guys here are from the "not west" :?: , anywho, thought I'd join you guys, since you like SAABs you must be cool. Well I've had many cars in the past (Alfas, Porsches, Fiats, Peugeots, Renaults, even an old Datsun 240z!), but drove my first SAAB, a 1987 c900T and that was it, I was hooked. I've had an SPG, two c900T, two 9kT, one 9-5 Aero, and now have come back to the 9k, it's a 1997 CSE, of all the cars I've driven, the c900 and 9000 are by far the best, and will soon get another c900, so I'll have two icons!.
I am a truck mechanic by trade (a bit of a surprise maybe?), and work at a Volvo-GM-Autocar dealership, all the guys at work drive pick-up trucks :x and think I'm weird :roll: ...ha! weird?, me?. I have a SAAB-SCANIA badge on the front of my tool box, is that weird?...naah.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome!

I didn't know Autocar was still in business, what are they, owned by Volvo/White?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome.
And yes Autocar is owned by Volvo trucks, they are actually all rebadged Volvos, the company owns almost everybody!; White, GMC heavy trucks, Mack (togheter with RVI), etc.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Welcome to saab link! thats an impressive list of cars :shock:

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Welcome Welcome!!! Glad to have you aboard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would've liked to have kept them, but I seem to develop serious muscle spasms on my right foot when I'm behind the wheel of a SAAB :p , two of those cars did not survive :cry: , the others had to go (no licence :oops: ), but I am triyng to restrain myself now (my g/f drives me :wink: ),...oh my right foot itches!.

·
10,303 Posts
Awesome, welcome to the sight. I think you and Vermont Saab have alot to talk about. :D If I remember correctly, he is a heavey eqpt mech too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts