Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm selling my Mountain bike Frame, Fork, and Shock.

18.5" frame.

Frame:
2008 Novara Method -2.0.

Novara is the REI house brand, and it's made by Kinesis Industries. They make frames for Diamondback, Felt, GT, Schwinn, Jamis, K2, Raleigh, Trek and Kona. It has either 4 or 6" of rear wheel travel, and that's done by moving the shock on the swingarm. It's 6000 series aluminum, and it also features sealed cartridge bearings at most pivots. This thing rides like a million bucks. Even with my fat ass on the bike, I have never felt much of any flex from the bottom bracket area. The handling is also quite nice. This thing tears it up, and climbs well, and is a resonable weight.

Shock:
2008 RockShox MC3
-Large-volume, low pressure shock with adjustable "floodgate" valve, and adjustable rebound. Basically, you can adjust the shock to eliminate bobbing typical of dual-suspension frames under pedaling load, AND not have it affect small bump sensitivity. I picked this shock specifically for this frame based on the leverage ratio of the frame, and the "floodgate" feature. It works great with the frame.

Fork:
Manitou R7 Elite 100.
-This has fork Fluid Flow Damping (FFD) and a cold-forged hollow crown with aluminum steerer tube. This thing weighs 3.5 pounds, and has 100mm of travel. Air spring, so it's super adjustable. I set the back of the bike to 4", and it works awesome in conjunction with this fork.

Headset:
-Chris King 1 1/8". Black. 10 year warranty. What more can I say?

All told, this stuff is worth about $800. I'm asking $500, plus shipping. $20-30 or so.

No paypal.

To make this run, you will need everything that is not a frame, fork, and headset. The frame is disc only. built as it sits, it's 30 pounds. Not too shabby for a 4-6" travel bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts