Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Nice. I ended up doing what you did by covering the guages. Instead of doing it myself, I took it to a auto upholsty place. They charged me $50, but it looks VERY nice.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i got a dual gauge pillar as well, but it was i think a 94-96 mustang or something like that. I used a heat gun to mold it to the a pillar, then i took it to an upholstery place. they said they couldnt put material on it cause it would just fall off after a while so they just color matched it in paint and it looks fine. It definatly doesnt look as good as the upholstered ones, but it blends in unless ur really lookin close or in certain lights it looks different.....ill take a pic of mine in the near future hopefully....

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
does anyone know where the vacume line..where i can tap my gauge into on a 2000 9-3se T7 is...thanks.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Just tap into the vacuum line coming off of your bypass valve.

Kyle

·
Registered
251 Posts
you probably want to tap into the line that kyle is saying...but im pretty sure you want to tap it close to the intake manifold so you get better readings....im not 100% on this, but im pretty sure

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tapped into the line between the throttle body and MAP sensor. This way you will have calibrated readings to match the one being read by the ECU.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Slaab thats what i was looking for but it is different in a T7 on my 900 i found it just fine but i cannot find that line im my 2000 9-3...i will try the one comming from the BPV...but how accurate is that????

·
Administrator
254 Posts
If you tap the BPV line WS is correct in saying you want it closer to the intake manifold but it is very accurate. Mine tuned perfectly. And with my dual stage I switch between 12 and 21 psi with ease.

Kyle

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
good question...thats my next gauge...

also slaab or anyone...about the boost gauge....from the BPV line it goes to a sensor and two more vacume line come from that and they lead to the thottle body....should i just tap the line from the BPV before it reaches the sensor or one of the two that come off of the sensor?.....actualy i will post pics if that will help...thanks again!

·
Registered
134 Posts
you would want to tap the line before the sensor. or a line that is directly connected to the engine. Any line will be fine as long as you have a good connection with no leaks when you have everything hooked up. it is normaly thought that some lines are better than others but all have the same vacume to them and it will not make much difference what line you tap as long as there are no leaks so just make sure your connections are solid

·
Administrator
302 Posts
Remeber that T7 uses the turbo differently!

When you push the pedal, the ECU determines how much torque the engine should deliver at current conditions (including gear, engine temp, outside temp, etc), calculates and then adjusts throttle position and turbo pressure to deliver that torque.
The turbo pressure could therefore vary a great deal depending on the situation, it may also fluctuate.
Keep that in mind when monitoring your pressure ;)

·
10,303 Posts
Lemme ask a few of the main questions, I haven't seen answeres too yet, 8) or just thought of. :?:

What do you tap the Air/Fuel Gauge into?

Where is a good spot to mount a EGT gauge tap? Just after the Turbo?

What EGTs do you run on those nice crisp 10 degree days? My car seems to like those.

·
Registered
134 Posts
the easiest way to tap the oxygen sensor for the air fuel ratio is to follow the wires up to the back of the engine where there is a connector the connects them to a wiring harness tap into the black wire right before the connector then run it through the fire wall to your guage and walla it is connected to the sensor

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tweek's Turbos said:
Sweet, sounds easier than doing a Boost gauge. :D

Any idea for a spot for the exhaust gas temp gauge?
Sensor in downpipe after turbo.

Gauge, maybe on A-pillar: another pod? or make a face for the pocket under the cigar lighter outlet and mount an oil pressure gauge there too?

·
Registered
54 Posts
i wouldnt see a reason why you couldnt tap it behind your gauge cluster....in your stock boost gauge...the hose would be shorter. might be a little more work but would not have hose in engien bay at all. i think it would look really clean..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts