Saab Link Forums banner

DSM side mount intercooler install, with pics of course.....

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DeLorean 
#1 ·
well i bought a dsm sidemount intercooler off ebay the other day and just got it installed.

I havent gotten to really drive it around that much but it doesnt seem worse than the stock ic wich is good :lol: . but theoretically it sould be a big improvement over the stock ic at least when it comes to flow. apparently the stock 900 ic flows a little over 100cfm whereas the dsm intercooler supposedly is around 300cfm, big difference.

fitting the ic was surprisingly easy i used the stoc pipes and one extra stock coupler and thats it, it pretty much just bolted right in, although it is a tight fit.

anyway i think its probably about the best ic upgrade you could get for like $30 and 15mins of labor :lol: .

oh also included is a pic of a fernco coupler from home depot that i tried to use, needless to say they cant hold 15psi, i wasnt really surprised tho :roll: .

Paul

#2 ·
neat install. talk to 89saab900 (the guy you sold the ECU to) he can give you some good info on how to set yourself up an air intake temp gauge. that way, you can get some empirical data on intake temps with the new intercooler Vs. the figures he already collected, or get some of your own on stock Vs the mitsu unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.