Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question... which is the better bear, brown or black??? mmmmm..... that's debatable... hahahahahaha!!!

anyways....

got some fun money and unfortunately its not enough to do both right now. Which will be the better play for my 2002 viggen? 3" DP or ETS intercooler??

I will want both, but which first? I've got a good handle of T7suite and can create a stg1-ish no prob, but am shooting for a stg3 or ~280hp and really shouldn't/don't want to go any farther w/o this h/w and fpr.

Maybe also up for discussion.... GS intercooler selection vs. ebay $100 jobbers

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dp is where I was leaning too...

about the IC's......I've seen a few threads about the ebay IC's... how do they compare to the ones GS sells. I understand that the GS ones are more or less 'plug and play', but I won't shy away from a bit of 'fabbing. Where do those 28x8x3 bar and plate IC's on ebay stack up compared to ETS/forge and the stock Viggens IC's?

·
Registered
859 Posts
I did an ebay intercooler. I recommend a 27x3x7 bar & plate ebay IC which can be picked up for like 80$ shipped then buy 2 90degree reducers 2.5" - 2.0"

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
The 3" DP makes a huge difference. I love my MP performance DP. BUT, my viggen intercooler gets heatsoaked easier than I want it to.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Honestly i have everything but the Inter cooler, what does heat soak even feel like?! anyone ? anyone?
When you make back to back back pulls or if you make one long pull you will see boost drop due to the car pulling timing, dumping boost, etc

·
Registered
675 Posts
I opted for the intercooler vs the DP. I lived in Colorado at the time and I would blast up and down the mountains....not heat soaking was great - especially on some of the long pass climbs.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
go for the turbo back JT 3inch exhaust. Makes the viggens sound nice. Its not too much more $$$ than the GS DP V2. That DP is very nice though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts