Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm stuuuuuuuuuuuupid but this is my first car ever and i'm learning fast as i can so bear with me ;)

Lookin at these two

Downpipe v1

Downpipe v2

I get that v1 doesn't have a flexpipe, and connects to the stock one while the v2 comes with one but..

1) does the v2 come with a full 3" flexpipe or is it just a stock one and you want it if your flexpipe is bad

2) what's the consequence to getting a v1 over a v2? It's 70 bux cheaper which is a lot but at the same time if im looking at a 500 dollar part, I don't want it to be handicapped because I didn't spend a few extra dollars. Is there a big performance difference between the v1 and v2?

· Registered
6,682 Posts
i don't know the difference on the dyno but i would go with the V2 thats what i have

the stock flexpipe is known to rot out fairly quickly, and that full 3" solid flexpipe is NICE, i'm sure the v2 flows a bit better than the v1 but i'm not sure of HOW well.

GL

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, my stock exhaust sounds whisper quiet so i think my stock pipe is fine for now but NYC does get the occasional snow/salt treatment so theres a good chance I'll end up needing to replace it.

a side question, is there a difference between a viggen and an aero or is that just american/european naming?

· Registered
6,682 Posts
an Aero 9-3 got the viggen body kit but the 2.0 engine instead of the 2.3

personally i would go with the v2, your going to replace that shitty stock flexpipe eventually anyways...so just go the little extra for the v2 and do it right the first time.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
an Aero 9-3 got the viggen body kit but the 2.0 engine instead of the 2.3

personally i would go with the v2, your going to replace that shitty stock flexpipe eventually anyways...so just go the little extra for the v2 and do it right the first time.
that makes a lotta sense, just wanted to get the info..

so aero basically applies to....the 03 vert?

· Registered
4,813 Posts
talk to custom exhaust shops, thell be your best friend!!!!

just because its not advertised online, doesnt mean its not worth looking into, a little bit of footwork can really lead to good results

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.