Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the 5-bolt flange for my T3/T4 turbo to make a downpipe with, along with 2 180 degree 3" J bends from Summit.

The flange's opening is 2 3/8", and I'm not sure I'll be able to just put the 3" pipe over the hole and weld it without clearance issues for the bolts.

Where can I order a reducer to go from the 2 3/8" opening to the 3" pipe?

Or should I just cut and hammer the 3" down to a taper?

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Where did you order the flange? Can I see a pic? Get a reducer. Don't cut & hammer it looks terrible F-.
For someone who uses speaker wire to jank up the very simple the install of Aero seats I think the cut and bend reduction method might look top notch!

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For someone who uses speaker wire to jank up the very simple the install of Aero seats I think the cut and bend reduction method might look top notch!
EMAYDMF.

What is the difference between 16ga speaker wire and 16ga regular wire, other than the fact that the color coating is different? And how does that help me with my downpipe?

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
You know that flange you bought is stainless right? Is the piping going to be stainless too? You can weld to either though stainless will require slightly less heat. What kind of welder do you have?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts