Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a question about my speakers.
My car doesn't come with door speakers like the rest of yours.
My question is can i hook up speakers through there without removing my top ones.
Can i like splice into the top ones and give them power to the doors?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
so what your saying is you want to splice the door speakers into the exsiting dash speakers?... what kind of speakers are you getting? 2way? or just a midrange sub? cause i belive if you wanted some bass out of them you wouldnt get it if you spliced into the dash ones..
the saabs with door speakers have a small amp wired to them.

just for the record.... mine had door speakers.... 8)

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I think it depends on what head unit your using.

If your using the stock one, it may be better to just the factory amp along and run some door mids through that way. This way would sound the best like iwantaviggen was saying.

If your using an aftermarket, then you can just run them directly to the head unit and program your stereo accordingly.

The best route (for high end sound) for whichever head unit you have is to run the speakers through an amp for the best sounds...especially for the mids that come with some Saabs.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, my car doesn't come with the factory amp.
Pretty much im getting some speakers for free, so i wanted to put them in the doors.

I wanted to splice into my dash speakers to give power to my door speakers, will this work?

I am also running an aftermarket headunit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts