Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is: 1998 900s 2.3l non turbo

Bought the car used and it only came with one key. Here are some of the issues...

Key works in the drivers side door and in the ignition but does not unlock the passenger side.

The passenger side lock seems to be jammed or broken on the inside which does not allow the key to turn in the lock.

Car can only be locked from outside the car with the drivers door shut using the key.

Also, when I lock the doors from the door lock button in the center console all doors lock but when I get out of the car and close the drivers door all doors immediately unlock by themselves.

I'm wondering if this car originally came with keyless entry or was it an option? If not what is needed to equip this car with keyless entry? I'm assuming driver and passenger door locks, ignition cylinder, trunk lock and TWICE? (not sure what this is) all from the same car? Would this be more trouble than its worth? What is TWICE?

Comments welcome :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Take off the door panel. Something could be unplugged or unhooked...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
You need to buy 2 remotes for 95-98 900 & Have it programed via Tech2

Spray some lube in the panneger key hole

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to buy 2 remotes for 95-98 900 & Have it programed via Tech2

Spray some lube in the panneger key hole
Is this the remote you're talking about on ebay?

4550075 Saab 2 Button Factory Key Fob Keyless Entry Car Remote Alarm Replace | eBay

Also, how do I go about getting another key, I can't find anything that looks like the key I have? Anyone have a source? Does the new key need to have a chip in it and/or programmed too? I feel I'm really rolling the dice having 1 key for this car.

Thanks again!

-Kevin

·
Registered
47 Posts
Car is: 1998 900s 2.3l non turbo

Bought the car used and it only came with one key. Here are some of the issues...

Key works in the drivers side door and in the ignition but does not unlock the passenger side.

The passenger side lock seems to be jammed or broken on the inside which does not allow the key to turn in the lock.

Car can only be locked from outside the car with the drivers door shut using the key.

Also, when I lock the doors from the door lock button in the center console all doors lock but when I get out of the car and close the drivers door all doors immediately unlock by themselves.

I'm wondering if this car originally came with keyless entry or was it an option? If not what is needed to equip this car with keyless entry? I'm assuming driver and passenger door locks, ignition cylinder, trunk lock and TWICE? (not sure what this is) all from the same car? Would this be more trouble than its worth? What is TWICE?

Comments welcome :)
I think my 900 does that also and is normal, perhaps so you can't lock your keys in your car. I believe you can just get a key cut and be good to go. I can only see a flashlight inside my key. Honestly I don't think the remote for the 900 is reliable enough to use it to lock your car. If you do go that route though you should keep a spare remote on you or in your car, otherwise you wont be driving anywhere if your one remote fails.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Is this the remote you're talking about on ebay?

4550075 Saab 2 Button Factory Key Fob Keyless Entry Car Remote Alarm Replace | eBay

Also, how do I go about getting another key, I can't find anything that looks like the key I have? Anyone have a source? Does the new key need to have a chip in it and/or programmed too? I feel I'm really rolling the dice having 1 key for this car.

Thanks again!

-Kevin
Yes, that's the right remote. If you get one, then you need two. With the NG900 if you lock it with the remote then you MUST unlock it with a remote.

You don't have a chip in your key. You can use a cheap key, but you might have to look around locally to find someone to cut it.

High Security Key Blank for Saab 900 9000 1986 to 1998 S32YSP YM30P S32YS P | eBay

·
Registered
1 Posts
InLineFive, you're describing every single issue I'm having with my locks. If you're still out there, did you ever get this resolved?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts